Shoutbox

Strange Thing With Sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Strange Thing With Sounds (/showthread.php?tid=80570)

Strange Thing With Sounds by Danny8247 on 12-31-2007 at 02:48 PM

I have a question.

My girlfriend sent me a Messenger Plus sound called "Halleluja D:" (a sound from Worms World Party). But there were problems with downloading it. That is quite normal so I clicked again on the sound. Then it was downloaded. But now it is called "ALLELUIA!". But it's exactly the same sound. When she sends me the "Halleluja D:", I don't get the sound, I still have only the "ALLELUIA!". The same is, when I send her the "ALLELUIA!". She still has only the "Halleluja D:"

This is very strange. How can that be?

(My English may be not very correct, that's because it's not my mother tongue :D)

RE: Strange Thing With Sounds by CookieRevised on 12-31-2007 at 03:14 PM

That's not strange, its normal....

You can name the sound whatever you want, so either she has named it differently than the original name "ALLELUIA!", or somebody else named it "ALLELUIA!" and updated it on the database.

When you send the sound back to her, her Plus! will detect that she already has that sound and doesn't download it anymore from the online database but plays it directly from her local hard disk where it is stored. And thus she doesn't get the (updated) name from the database.

;)