Shoutbox

Contact's Status no longer displays in Conversation Window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Contact's Status no longer displays in Conversation Window (/showthread.php?tid=80596)

Contact's Status no longer displays in Conversation Window by sakurachan on 01-01-2008 at 09:42 PM

Hi,

I've searched the forums but maybe I'm just not using the right keywords...

Ever since I installed Messenger Plus 4.5 the little status bar that shows up at the top of the text box on every conversation window has disappeared.

This status bar used to display whether the contact was offline, away, or busy...

Any thoughts as to why this went away? It was there before...

See my attachment for a screenshot of what I'm talking about.. The area circled in red is where the status bar used to show up. As you can see the contact in question is offline, but that status bar is not there, so I have no idea if the contact is online or offline without opening the contact list...

Out of curiosity I downgraded to Messenger Plus 4.23 and tried that but it's still gone! Did something get toggled permanently on my MSN and I can't set it back?

I'd really like to get that status bar back is possible...

Thanks

RE: Contact's Status no longer displays in Conversation Window by MattyRid on 01-01-2008 at 09:55 PM

If you have used mess patch that would be the most likely way that it would have been removed. Therefore a repair of Windows Live Messenger should do the trick,

RE: Contact's Status no longer displays in Conversation Window by CookieRevised on 01-02-2008 at 12:49 AM

Also, have you tried without Plus!? Downgrading Plus! is quite often not a proper way to detect if Plus! is the culprint or not. You need to uninstall Plus! for that (make sure you keep your settings though).

Anyways, I see from your screenshot that the conversation window actually does not look like a standard conversation window of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 at all: some icons are missing and other non-Messenger icons are added. So you most likely did use some patch, uninstall that patch and/or repear Messenger like MattyRid said.