Shoutbox

Virus found - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Virus found (/showthread.php?tid=80634)

Virus found by msgplususer on 01-02-2008 at 10:03 PM

Hello, my Norton antivirus recently discovered 3 files of messenger plus live that contained virusses, Look at the attachment to see witch files were infected.

RE: Virus found by djdannyp on 01-02-2008 at 10:14 PM

these are scripts which you have installed

i don't think that they are dangerous in any way, just that Norton cannot recognise them as scripts as they aren't professionally made, it instead sees them as potential viruses/malicious code and advises you to remove them

so just to reassure you, you don't have any viruses, those are just clean scripts which you have installed but are picked up by norton as dangerous (because it doesn't know what it's talking about :P)

RE: Virus found by msgplususer on 01-02-2008 at 10:17 PM

ok

RE: Virus found by Jesus on 01-02-2008 at 10:27 PM

lol norton again =/

why do people keep paying for and using that crap anyway?
The only things it's good at is hogging resources and reporting false positives...

believe me, you're not the first to experience this.
(and probably not the last either:()

RE: Virus found by Menthix on 01-02-2008 at 11:12 PM

WTF!? High risk too? :(

It's time to do something against Symantec/McAfee and whatever other company loves to make retarded scanners. How the hell are they expecting users to take them serious with reports like these :S.

Something in the size of the MS antispyware signatures would be good. except this time just use as many KGs of paper as you can to print them, put it in a giant container and drop it from the sky on their offices.

RE: Virus found by MicroWay on 01-02-2008 at 11:19 PM

I think it's strange....

Here I have Norton Anti vírus and it never gave me warnings to the Stickynotes script... :S
(The other 2 scripts I can'tell you as I never had they)..
;)

RE: Virus found by Quantum on 01-02-2008 at 11:24 PM

If a simple safe script is high risk i don't know how they rate real viruses.

Well look on the bright side at least it doesn't recognize MP!L as a virus..

RE: Virus found by Dane on 01-03-2008 at 12:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
why do people keep paying for and using that crap anyway?  The only things it's good at is hogging resources and reporting false positives...
Actually, this statement just goes to prove that you havent used the Norton 2007 or 2008 product line...I will agree with you, Norton 2006 products were heavy on resources, however, Norton 2007 lowered the usage to close to many of the others vendors, and Norton 2008 significantly cut resource usage again, it is one of the best in terms of resources for the 2008 product lines.  As for the false positives...Norton 2006 and below has detected scripts of almost any nature as malicious...Norton 2007 and 2008 do not detect maliciousness in any of Messenger Plus! Live's files.  So, it is only a problem that affects users using Norton AntiVirus software outdated by 2 years.