Shoutbox

how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? (/showthread.php?tid=80638)

how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by adrianmak on 01-02-2008 at 11:47 PM

as title.

RE: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by Quantum on 01-02-2008 at 11:51 PM

Open your prefs then at the bottom left there will be a button with import/export on it. Click on it then find your prefs file. Go through the wizard and of you go.

Have a great time using messenger plus! live.

RE: RE: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by adrianmak on 01-03-2008 at 12:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
Open your prefs then at the bottom left there will be a button with import/export on it. Click on it then find your prefs file. Go through the wizard and of you go.

Have a great time using messenger plus! live.

will it backup add-on script too ?
RE: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by CookieRevised on 01-03-2008 at 04:14 AM

No...

The Import/Export wizars is ONLY for your Plus! preferences.

It will not export: scripts, skins, and your sound library (custom sounds).

To backup your custom sounds you can go to the Plus! Sound Library and make a soundpack of all your custom sounds, which you then can import on your new PC again.

Skins and scripts should be re-installed to avoid problems.

RE: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by darkin on 01-05-2008 at 07:33 PM

Hello !
How can I do to save my "smileys groups" ?
I hope you'll understand my english ...

In French :
Dnas l'onglet "icones rapides" j'ai créé une série de catégories pour mes smileys, comment les exporter ?
merci d'avance

RE: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by Quantum on 01-05-2008 at 09:35 PM

To save scripts you can use a great script => http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/106-Backup-Extreme!/

RE: RE: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by duck! on 01-05-2008 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
To save scripts you can use a great script => http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/106-Backup-Extreme!/
That doesn't save (backup) scripts, its backs up Custom sounds, chat logs and Plus Preferences =/
RE: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by darkin on 01-06-2008 at 10:34 PM

Thanks you but I would like to save my "panel sections" in the "quick Icons" tab ... How can I do it ?

RE: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by NanaFreak on 01-07-2008 at 01:29 AM

that is part of the Messenger Plus! Live Preferences so it should be saved when you do the export of settings as explained above

RE: how to I backup msgplus live settings and restore on my new PC ? by darkin on 01-07-2008 at 10:41 AM

I tried and it doesn't work ... I don'have the "panel sections" I have created ...