Shoutbox

Messenger 9.0 BETA - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger 9.0 BETA (/showthread.php?tid=80665)

Messenger 9.0 BETA by Basilis on 01-03-2008 at 06:02 PM

does anyone know when msn 9.0 will be ready.I can't wait to skin on it

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by TRash19 on 01-03-2008 at 06:07 PM

U can creat the skins for 9beta. Is It ready for what? Im testing the beta, and i havent got a problem with it. So, u wanna make a skins for it: Start the creating Now :):D

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by Spunky on 01-03-2008 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TRash19
U can creat the skins for 9beta. Is It ready for what? Im testing the beta, and i havent got a problem with it. So, u wanna make a skins for it: Start the creating Now :):D

It'll be hard to make skins for it if you don't have it yet and seeing as it's open to BETA testers only...

quote:
Originally posted by Agritis
does anyone know when msn 9.0 will be ready

Seeing as it's not long been in BETA, it could take quite some time yet for it to be released.
RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by TRash19 on 01-03-2008 at 06:26 PM

The beta version maybe finished in first half at 2009. Yes, the skin creating is not too easy for 9beta, if you are not a tester. When the beta program is finished, i can write to you, how when you can download the normal version. :)

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by Matti on 01-03-2008 at 06:26 PM

In fact, skinning 9.0 BETA isn't a good idea at this moment. It's very likely that graphical changes will be made during development and will cause your skin to fail on newer BETAs. I recommend you to skin 8.5 for the time being, and as soon as a public BETA or something very close to a final release arrives, you might want to add 9.0 support.

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by Basilis on 01-03-2008 at 06:35 PM

ok. I will take that into consideration.

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by blessedguy on 01-12-2008 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by TRash19

It'll be hard to make skins for it if you don't have it yet and seeing as it's open to BETA testers only...

It's not open to beta testers only, I've just downloaded it and no problems using it...and i DID NOT use any kind of program to make messenger logging in even with me not being a beta tester....

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by Voldemort on 01-12-2008 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
It's not open to beta testers only, I've just downloaded it and no problems using it...and i DID NOT use any kind of program to make messenger logging in even with me not being a beta tester....
the fact that there are no restrictions on who logs in doesn't mean that you are allowed to use it
RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by blessedguy on 01-12-2008 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
the fact that there are no restrictions on who logs in doesn't mean that you are allowed to use it
I guess Everyone is allowed to use a beta version, since they send feedbacks, that's why Microsoft invetes people to beta test their programs. So...at least at that point, every single person that uses the beta version to send a feedback to improve the program is allowed to use it.
RE: RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by deAd on 01-12-2008 at 10:52 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
I guess Everyone is allowed to use a beta version, since they send feedbacks, that's why Microsoft invetes people to beta test their programs. So...at least at that point, every single person that uses the beta version to send a feedback to improve the program is allowed to use it.
No, if its a private beta (which it is), then only people who have been invited and approved are allowed to use it. As Voldemort said, the fact that they don't stop you from using leaked versions does not mean that you are allowed.
RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by freak544 on 01-12-2008 at 11:01 PM

well I beta tested it once when it was a private beta and my sister or brother couldn't log in using it only I could and even when I found a leaked version they still couldn't log in

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by blessedguy on 01-12-2008 at 11:06 PM

I've been beta testing for a long time...being more specific, Msg 7.5, Lie Msg 8.0(very good version...),8.1,8.5...but now i can't find the page for asking for an invitation(and yes, I've used the private beta in all those cases...)

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by deAd on 01-12-2008 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by freak544
well I beta tested it once when it was a private beta and my sister or brother couldn't log in using it only I could and even when I found a leaked version they still couldn't log in
The log-in restriction was removed in this version because it didn't work very well (people found ways around it very quickly).

quote:
I've been beta testing for a long time...being more specific, Msg 7.5, Lie Msg 8.0(very good version...),8.1,8.5...but now i can't find the page for asking for an invitation(and yes, I've used the private beta in all those cases...)
Just because you've tested previous versions does not guarantee an invitation to the next ones. There is no page asking for an invitation, they send you the invitation by email before the beta begins.
RE: RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by blessedguy on 01-12-2008 at 11:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
The log-in restriction was removed in this version because it didn't work very well (people found ways around it very quickly).

quote:
Just because you've tested previous versions does not guarantee an invitation to the next ones. There is no page asking for an invitation, they send you the invitation by email before the beta begins.

In fact, you can go to connect.microsoft.com, register, and ask for a beta, and I didnt say that i use 9.0 becuase i used the others, i said that i registered for the others, but this time i didnt find the page!
previously, you could go to live.ideas.com(doesn't exist anymore) and ask for your invite, but now you've gotta go to connect.microsoft.com, ask for an invite, and wait more than a month! While my invite doesn't arrive...im already testing it...in fact...im waiting for the invite since november 22...(remembering that other things such Windows Installer 4.5 I just had to wait 1 day...)

but...could we, pls!, stop arguing about allowed or not beta testing? The question was "When will messenger 9.0 be avaiable", and the answear is Beta is available, but Final isnt ready yet
RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by Voldemort on 01-12-2008 at 11:34 PM

No, the beta isn't available to the public

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by blessedguy on 01-12-2008 at 11:38 PM

...go to "connect.microsoft.com", register, ask for a copy of Windows live betas, wait a bit, get your WLM 9.0, and still receive Live Writer, Live mail, Live everything when their betas come out...at least this is the right way to do it...

RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by Menthix on 01-12-2008 at 11:43 PM

WLM9 beta on connect is limited to a maximum amount of people, the reason you didn't get in even after waiting so long is because this maximum is already reached. A beta only officially available to a selected/limited group of people is called a private beta, WLM9 is one of those.

RE: RE: Messenger 9.0 BETA by deAd on 01-12-2008 at 11:48 PM

quote:
...go to "connect.microsoft.com", register, ask for a copy of Windows live betas, wait a bit, get your WLM 9.0, and still receive Live Writer, Live mail, Live everything when their betas come out...at least this is the right way to do it...
WLM 9 is not included with "Windows Live Betas". You can't register for the WLM 9 beta from connect, you must have been invited by Microsoft before the beta began.