Shoutbox

One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? (/showthread.php?tid=80671)

One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by Quantum on 01-03-2008 at 11:55 PM

Well i needed an image of youtube. Using ff's media thingy i seen that there was only 1 big image.

[Image: master-vfl31093.gif]

How do they take the images off this? They cant have something like "take a bit of the image" in the code?

Thanks people!

RE: Ok so i wanted an image of youtube by WDZ on 01-04-2008 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
They cant have something like "take a bit of the image" in the code?
http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_background-position.asp
http://www.askapache.com/css/css-background-image-sprite.html
RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by Quantum on 01-04-2008 at 12:39 AM

Thanks. I'll just make the images instead of going through that hastle.

RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by Zahid™ on 01-04-2008 at 03:51 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/...px-YouTube.svg.png

RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by Spunky on 01-04-2008 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
They cant have something like "take a bit of the image" in the code?

Why is that not possible when we see it happening in the WLM resources? :p
RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by Matti on 01-04-2008 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Maybe because WLM uses image library functions for that, and maybe john-t thought it'd be a bit strange to do the same in HTML? Well, it's actually CSS, and personally I found it a bit strange too when I first saw a similar "all-in-one image". Ah well... now we learned something new today, uh! :)
RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by Quantum on 01-04-2008 at 04:36 PM

You know the tabs youtube have? Well thats what i wanted.

RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by markee on 01-05-2008 at 12:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Maybe because WLM uses image library functions for that, and maybe john-t thought it'd be a bit strange to do the same in HTML? Well, it's actually CSS, and personally I found it a bit strange too when I first saw a similar "all-in-one image". Ah well... now we learned something new today, uh! :)
The main idea behind it is so that you dont have all different images loading at different times, they'll all be there or the page will still appear to be loading, nothing in between.[/offtopic]

If you just wanted a single image, why not crop the picture?  Even word 95 can do that let alone your Photoshop and stuff. (well actually you'll need to make 3 images from there and put them together so it might be best to use a more powerful application).

Worst case senario, you can just screenshot the tab and paste over the top of the text with the gradient....
RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by Quantum on 01-05-2008 at 01:36 PM

I'm doing it in MS paint. Almost done! Can anyone mirror this image for me?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=880149]

Thanks

RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by djdannyp on 01-05-2008 at 02:00 PM

you know you can mirror images in paint, right?

Images>Flip/Rotate...>Flip Horizontal

RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by rav0 on 01-06-2008 at 11:11 AM

Here is the tab and banner backgrounds cut and assembled from the main image:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=880354]

RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by rav0 on 01-06-2008 at 11:23 AM

Here is your image flipped horizontally.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=880356]

Like djdannyp said, you can flip in paint using the menus or after selecting part of an image, you can drag the left edge to the right to flip and/or resize.

RE: One image consisting of smaller images: how to single out one specific image? by Quantum on 01-06-2008 at 11:36 AM

Thank you very much!