Shoutbox

[Help] Conversation Window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Help] Conversation Window (/showthread.php?tid=80713)

[Help] Conversation Window by djdannyp on 01-05-2008 at 02:17 AM

As any users/viewers of my skin will know, on the conversation window I have a picture which is placed between the two display pictures.

As it stands this is achieved by having an image aligned to the bottom right of the window, with appropriate space left at the bottom to incorporate the contact's display picture.

Although it's not ideal, it functions

While the conversation window remains in its normal state this is okay, but if you play a game with a contact, obviously the game part of the contact list opens up and the picture remains aligned to the bottom right of the screen, being hidden behind the game as the display pictures shift over to be more in the middle of the screen.

What I was wondering is if there was a way to align the picture in the same way that display pictures are aligned.......such that it will shift over when the display pictures do and always remain between them.

If not then it's just a limitation of the skin, which will never occur anything more than temporarily, but I thought i'd ask.

RE: [Help] Conversation Window by Matti on 01-05-2008 at 11:33 AM

I think it should be possible to add an element in the container of your display picture so that it's always above your container rather than aligning it to the background. I suggest you to play around with the UIFILEs, as with Plus! skins you can no longer destroy your Messenger executables. :P

RE: [Help] Conversation Window by djdannyp on 01-05-2008 at 06:06 PM

I've been messing around all day and still haven't been able to find a way to do this.

The conversation window ones are the biggest UI files (the biggest ones included in my skin anyway)

i've fouind this section from line 280 of the definition file:

code:
<element layoutpos=client layout=borderlayout() id=atom(ParticipantArea) padding=rect(6,0,0,0)>
<element id=atom(yourightsidecontainer) layout=verticalflowlayout(0,2) layoutpos=top>
<element id=atom(youcontainer) layout=borderlayout() selected=false>
<clipperh layoutpos=left id=atom(clipperhyou) class="AvatarClipper" layout=borderlayout()>
<element id=atom(youview) layoutpos=top layout=borderlayout()>
<Element id=atom(rostercontainer) layout=filllayout()>
<Element layout=filllayout() ID=Atom(ai138)>

which i think is the right section, but it's escaping me how to add in a new element, or where exactly to put it and with what properties.

i usually end up breaking the conversation window with my efforts :P
RE: RE: [Help] Conversation Window by Spunky on 01-05-2008 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
I've been messing around all day and still haven't been able to find a way to do this.

The conversation window ones are the biggest UI files (the biggest ones included in my skin anyway)

i've fouind this section from line 280 of the definition file:

code:
<element layoutpos=client layout=borderlayout() id=atom(ParticipantArea) padding=rect(6,0,0,0)>
<element id=atom(yourightsidecontainer) layout=verticalflowlayout(0,2) layoutpos=top>
<element id=atom(youcontainer) layout=borderlayout() selected=false>
<clipperh layoutpos=left id=atom(clipperhyou) class="AvatarClipper" layout=borderlayout()>
<element id=atom(youview) layoutpos=top layout=borderlayout()>
<Element id=atom(rostercontainer) layout=filllayout()>
<Element layout=filllayout() ID=Atom(ai138)>

which i think is the right section, but it's escaping me how to add in a new element, or where exactly to put it and with what properties.

i usually end up breaking the conversation window with my efforts :P

I placed some buttons between the you and me containers. If you put it just before the display pic with some padding, it'll be in the right place.
RE: [Help] Conversation Window by djdannyp on 01-05-2008 at 07:17 PM

woohoo, problem solved :)

yet another improvement for version 1.1