Shoutbox

[Help]Beginner in Scripting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Help]Beginner in Scripting (/showthread.php?tid=80719)

[Help]Beginner in Scripting by Basilis on 01-05-2008 at 11:07 AM

I am more interested in Skinning but I would like to make my own script.Who is intended to help me?

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by NanaFreak on 01-05-2008 at 11:17 AM

what do you want to make your script do?

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Basilis on 01-11-2008 at 06:31 PM

I would like my script to replace the other contacts display picture with one of my choice.

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by matty on 01-11-2008 at 06:35 PM

Not currently possible.

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Jimbo on 01-11-2008 at 07:56 PM

It could crapilly be done by positioning a window on top of the ocntacts DP and then load on image on it, but then there would be problems with the size of window etc, unless the script forcess the chat window to be maximised

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Basilis on 01-26-2008 at 02:39 PM

I have another idea. Can I create a script which changes the psm and the nickname of the other contact to one of my choice. I think this is a bit easier. What do you think? 

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by NanaFreak on 01-26-2008 at 02:42 PM

no.

you cant change other peoples data like that.

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by kmg_123 on 01-26-2008 at 03:09 PM

u need a hack script not a normal script loooool :P

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Basilis on 01-26-2008 at 03:18 PM

Another idea: I hope it is possible to make a script that goes along with a program that when the script is installed, it will tell to the user that it was a virus. Of course it will have a name that will distinguish the joke. Or it can just be a plus window that will tell the user about the virus. If it can be done let me know

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Volv on 01-26-2008 at 03:21 PM

It is possible to tell the user that the script is a virus when they install it, but I doubt it would be added to the scripts database (possibly not even allowed on the forums) as in my opinion it would create a bad image for Messenger Plus even if it is just a prank...

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Basilis on 01-26-2008 at 03:24 PM

How I will do it? I can just use it for my friends. Should I just read the skinning documentation?

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Voldemort on 01-26-2008 at 03:53 PM

That script, I'm 99% sure, will not be welcome here. I *doubt* someone is going to help you do that.

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Basilis on 01-26-2008 at 04:00 PM

I don't care about what you say. I have already said that I will use it only for my friends. Except the case that I make it a bit useful. Then I am going to sent it to the database. 

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by vikke on 01-26-2008 at 04:56 PM

This kind of script isn't allowed, the reason is pretty obvious. If you're going to develop this script, please do not beg for help in this forum.
Installing any software without the users knowledge is illegal (unless it's mentioned), the same about a fake virus.

Btw, I suggest you read the scripting documentation instead of the skinning one if you want to learn scripting. :)

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Basilis on 01-26-2008 at 05:06 PM

That is what I am planning to do. I just wrote skinning instead of scripting. Anyway, thanks for the advice

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by MeEtc on 01-26-2008 at 05:24 PM

My recommendation, if you want to learn scripting, is to look at existing scripts and see how they work. This is what I did when I first started scripting. There was one script I was trying to use, but didn't do quite what I wanted it to. So, I learned how that script operated, and edited it to suit my needs.

Such a edit, of course, will also not be accepted into the scripts database unless you make some major changes to it, and have permission from the original creator to re-create it.

RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by Basilis on 01-26-2008 at 11:00 PM

I think i made it. Now a toast appears that says the contact list will be deleted. But I want it to appear only one time after installation and not every time the user signs in. Can this be done?

RE: RE: [Help]Beginner in Scripting by davidpolitis on 01-27-2008 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I think i made it. Now a toast appears that says the contact list will be deleted. But I want it to appear only one time after installation and not every time the user signs in. Can this be done?
Didn't they imply that they will not help you?