Shoutbox

What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? (/showthread.php?tid=80750)

What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by prashker on 01-06-2008 at 12:06 PM

As the title says.

I normally barely cry but when I see this scene.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zDI2yOyx9eo

I just get uber sad.

Megabyte throws Bob into the "Web".

When I first saw that when I was like 10. Waterworks+100000.

Post your moments when you felt sad or cried during a TV or a movie :p

edit: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aavAnxFdQlI&feature=related also that scene made me sad :(

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Discrate on 01-06-2008 at 12:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
As the title says.

I just get uber sad.

edit: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aavAnxFdQlI&feature=related also that scene made me sad :(

you cried over a cartoon :dodgy:
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Quantum on 01-06-2008 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
As the title says.

I just get uber sad.

Basicly what i was about to say :P
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Tasha on 01-06-2008 at 12:19 PM

That bit in The Lion King, where Simba's dad gets killed and he's there like "help me, somebody, anybody... help...", then he starts crying. And then I start crying.

Gets me every time.

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by djdannyp on 01-06-2008 at 12:49 PM

the bit at the end of the second series of doctor who where rose "dies".....that ALWAYS gets me.......when they're on the beach saying goodbye.

Also in ER when Mark Greene died of a brain tumour, that got me

Oh, and the bit in Armageddon when Bruce Willis pushes Ben Affleck back into the lift and tells him that he loves him and always thought of him as a son......then back on earth when William Fichner meets Liv Tyler and says "Colonel Willie Sharp, United States Airforce, ma'am. Requesting the permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met"

There's probably more too, but I can't think of any mor right now........lots of things get me tho......i'm a big sissy :P

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by -dt- on 01-06-2008 at 01:30 PM

well usually when they finish tv shows, they usually toss in really sad character killing parts :( and like you've grown to love those characters over the seasons its quite sad :(

one such example was at the end of "Deep Space 9" :(

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by SikStyles on 01-06-2008 at 01:32 PM

Free Willy. :sad:

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by tony on 01-06-2008 at 02:03 PM

i just dont cry

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by John Anderton on 01-06-2008 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Not our fault you have the EI of a 2 year old :P

As for me.. I have been emotional by quite a few movies. Not cried yet :( Can't remember any names though, sorry :-)

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
one such example was at the end of "Deep Space 9" :(
End of seasons of good shows make me sad too :(
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Dempsey on 01-06-2008 at 07:11 PM

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air when Will's dad leaves again

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3id-gBwnAJ4

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Chunk1993 on 01-06-2008 at 07:24 PM

When Mr Hennersy died un 8 Simple Rules.

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by prashker on 01-06-2008 at 07:28 PM

quote:
you cried over a cartoon (Smilie)

stfu :p
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Oh, and the bit in Armageddon when Bruce Willis pushes Ben Affleck back into the lift and tells him that he loves him and always thought of him as a son......then back on earth when William Fichner meets Liv Tyler and says "Colonel Willie Sharp, United States Airforce, ma'am. Requesting the permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met"

That was a great movie (y).
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
That bit in The Lion King, where Simba's dad gets killed and he's there like "help me, somebody, anybody... help...", then he starts crying. And then I start crying.

;(

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey

I got Seasons 1-4 DVDrip. No ETA for Season 5 and 6 :(.

quote:
Originally posted by Chunk1993

Yeah and it sucks because he's actually dead in real life....
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Patchou on 01-06-2008 at 07:36 PM

When Simba's dad diiiiiiiiies :'( :'( :'(

RE: RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by djdannyp on 01-06-2008 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chunk1993

yeah, also when his death was handled in scrubs (he played JD's dad)
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by ayjay on 01-06-2008 at 07:54 PM

The episode of Scrubs where the woman who JD and Cox like dies and they all sing Waiting For My Real Life to Begin.

:(

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by duck! on 01-06-2008 at 07:57 PM

The Last ever Episode of friends [Image: xso_sad.gif]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5qZwGXe8hOY&feature=related

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by ayjay on 01-06-2008 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
The Last ever Episode of friends [Image: xso_sad.gif]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5qZwGXe8hOY&feature=related

Oh yeah! That made me cry, too :P
RE: RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by djdannyp on 01-06-2008 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
The episode of Scrubs where the woman who JD and Cox like dies and they all sing Waiting For My Real Life to Begin.

i also like the one with "How to save a life" by The Fray where all the translaplant patients die.  Dr Cox's reaction as the song reaches a crescendo really gets me

YouTube Link
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by roflmao456 on 01-06-2008 at 09:17 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=762ra5rYuA4

it's neither a TV show or a movie scene :p

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Oxy on 01-06-2008 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
Waiting For My Real Life to Begin.
My Philosophy ?
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by vaccination on 01-06-2008 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey

Yeah, that gets me too ;[
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by ShawnZ on 01-06-2008 at 10:07 PM

i don't cry.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=8n7dShpkph0

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by WDZ on 01-06-2008 at 10:41 PM

The end of this movie (when they're all reunited), when I was like 7 or 8 years old...

[Image: 200px-Homeward.bound_dvd_cover.jpg]

Only one I can think of ATM. :p

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by andrewdodd13 on 01-06-2008 at 11:02 PM

I haven't cried at a film in ages, ie. past the point I can remember.

The ending of Final Fantasy 8 made me pretty emotional when I first finished that when I was like 12 or something. Same with when Aeris dies. <== Major FF7 spoiler right there.

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Justin on 01-06-2008 at 11:05 PM

I wasnt crying butt nearly was, King Kong :(

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by prashker on 01-06-2008 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Same with when Aeris dies. <== Major FF7 spoiler right there.

Everyone knows Aeris died :p
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by ShawnZ on 01-06-2008 at 11:15 PM

aeris didn't die!

[Image: aeris_dies.png]

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by marissa on 01-07-2008 at 03:52 AM

the notebook ENDING!! all of P.S. I Love You, homeward bound when the golden old dog gets down in the mud at the train tracks, the episode of friends when joey turns around with Ross' ring to rachel cause everything went wrong!! when the dog dies in Martian Child, on 8 simple rules when John Ritter's character dies and the episode carrey and bridget run away to that concert but end up at the ski house and behind the picture it says "HI" from when John's character (Paul) was said to be writing their last name. hm hm hm... Titanic. baaaaaawling sad. i still cry on it. Pursuit of Happiness. School Of Life when "Mr.D" dies :(,
wow im a cry baby
and whats worse is , i know there's so many more :(

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by x2zen on 01-07-2008 at 07:11 AM

In ER when Mark Greene died.
I know there's more, can't remember any :/

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Aeryn on 01-07-2008 at 12:18 PM

I have cried at very many movie and tv scenes. Some examples:

Star Wars Episode I - when Qui-Gon and Maul die.
Star Wars Episode VI - when Vader dies.
The Fly 2 - when the dog gets deformed and is treated cruelly later on.
Titanic - when Jack dies.
Alien 3 - when Ripley dies.
I, Robot - when the robot is about to be killed.
The Bodyguard - when Rachel and the guy part.
Casualties of War - when the girl dies.
Equilibrium - when the lady dies.
Gorillas in the Mist - the ending.
Intensity - the ending.
The Last of the Mohicans - when the girl jumps.

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by haydos on 01-07-2008 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Justin-
I wasnt crying butt nearly was, King Kong
I nearly cried because that movie was so damn bad.
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Vazza on 01-08-2008 at 11:32 PM

quote:
That bit in The Lion King, where Simba's dad gets killed and he's there like "help me, somebody, anybody... help...", then he starts crying.

quote:
the bit at the end of the second series of doctor who where rose "dies".

Also in ER when Mark Greene died of a brain tumour, that got me

The above although the Doctor Who one is where The Doctor and Rose are up against the wall like they are listening to each other.
Click here (particular section starts around 7.00...I think it's the music that does it (Murray Gold's a genius))
Titanic...right at the end when Rose dies in her sleep...(what is it with  the name Rose and death?)
Original Transformers Movie (1986) when Optimus Prime dies (though he's died so many times now that I think I'm immune)
Probably when a dear beloved character dies in Casualty....

Can't think of anymore at the moment
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Chrono on 01-09-2008 at 12:03 AM

Die hard :O

RE: RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by djdannyp on 01-09-2008 at 12:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
quote:

The above although the Doctor Who one is where The Doctor and Rose are up against the wall like they are listening to each other.
Click here (particular section starts around 7.00...I think it's the music that does it (Murray Gold's a genius))

Yeah, that song's awesome.....such a proper atmosphere piece, it's called Doomsday, I have it on my iTunes (H)

I borrowed quite heavily from that episode for my Doctor & Rose Video.....if you liked that scene/episode then check it out and let me know what you think :)
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by vaccination on 01-09-2008 at 08:12 AM

quote:

Original Transformers Movie (1986) when Optimus Prime dies (though he's died so many times now that I think I'm immune)

haha, yeah. He died at least once in each of the tv series'
RE: RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Vimto on 01-09-2008 at 05:39 PM

quote:

Gets me every time.

Exactly the same :P
And where he says "Dad... wake up... we gotta go home!"
:'( instant crying.

Also titanic. Where the old man and woman are lying on the bed together and the water is under them, the mum in bed with her children and the very end where the old rose dies. :| lots of crying.

The notebook. I have literally (okay maybe not literally) never cried so much in my entire life as much as I cried during that film. I cried near enough the whole way through.

Green mile. Really sad. Always makes me cry.

Theres loads really :P
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Spunky on 01-09-2008 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
Green mile. Really sad. Always makes me cry

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Vazza on 01-09-2008 at 07:03 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that song's awesome.....such a proper atmosphere piece, it's called Doomsday, I have it on my iTunes (H))

Yep I know.I've got it on the album (yes I have both that one and the series three doctor who soundtracks....sue me!) I don't know how many sad scenes have been written to that one track :p

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

haha, yeah. He died at least once in each of the tv series'

Yeah...it's getting kinda predictable (although I haven't seen it in the recent ones...)

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by Tasha on 01-09-2008 at 10:21 PM

quote:

I only recently became a Doctor Who fan, so I've never seen that scene before and jeez, I was crying my eyes out. It's the look on the Doctor's face that gets me... And the music doesn't help either.
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by stoshrocket on 01-09-2008 at 10:32 PM

Erm... There's only two times I can think of:

1/. When I was 8-9, I went to see "Bean" in the cinema's, and Mr Bean ruins the picture of whistler's mother, and everything is gping wrong when he tries to clean it, I started bawling in the cinema's right there.

2/. Recently actually... Me and my (quite long-term) girlfriend sat down and watched The Iron Giant, which neither of us had seen since early childhood. At the end, when he flies toward the bomb and you hear him say "super... man...", after which he "dies", my partner started crying and I felt quite sad and teary myself. However, my mood imporved at the end when you see the parts crawling back to him.

RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by calilo on 01-15-2008 at 09:17 AM

i think a couple of scenes off of the movie titanic...

some off the movie ladder 49

some of the best hotties die. oooo nooo!!!!:^)

RE: RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by calilo on 01-16-2008 at 08:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Damokun
I've never cried about something in a movie or on TV.

stoic a bit are we? You know, it is okay to cry ;) haha.
RE: What TV show or Movie Scene made you cry at one point? by prashker on 01-16-2008 at 01:33 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by calilo
quote:
I've never cried about something in a movie or on TV.

stoic a bit are we? You know, it is okay to cry ;) haha.
I'm not stoic, I just don't find fiction sad enough to cry about.

that's what she said