Shoutbox

Colorizing text? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Colorizing text? (/showthread.php?tid=80801)

Colorizing text? by Sao on 01-08-2008 at 07:07 PM

Does anyone know of a way to make text on the logon page colorized so that it changes colours depending on the colour setting?

Can you do it by just colorizing or do you have to create options for it so that when you change, for example, a background setting, then the colour of the text changes too?

Thanks

RE: Colorizing text? by Basilis on 01-08-2008 at 08:14 PM

As they told me you can choose what color the texts have.Go in the  my thread and click the link in the last post.I hope this will be helpful for you

RE: Colorizing text? by Sao on 01-08-2008 at 08:34 PM

Its not that that I want. I know how to change the colour of the text, its being able to have it change when the colorization of the background image is changed.

RE: Colorizing text? by vikke on 01-08-2008 at 08:41 PM

When you create/replace a color in the SkinInfo file, you can use the <I>-tag to make the color colorizable (more information in the docs).
Is this what you're looking for?

RE: Colorizing text? by freak544 on 01-08-2008 at 10:25 PM

am i right in think that lets say the background the text would be yellow and if the background was black the text would be white etc... < the colours are just an example

if that is what you want to do i am not sure if this is possible

RE: Colorizing text? by vaccination on 01-08-2008 at 10:29 PM

He means that the text becomes the same colour as the user sets using the colorization feature of messenger.

RE: Colorizing text? by Basilis on 01-09-2008 at 08:45 PM

I suggest you check what foreground is used for elements that get colorized. This will be done in the style files. Then you should copy/paste  this next to the element you want to be colorized.  am not sure it will work but as it is said, skinning is trial and error. I hope it is the right way to do it.

RE: Colorizing text? by Willz on 01-10-2008 at 12:20 AM

The first thing you need to do is create a new color resource in your SkinInfo.xml.

code:
<New>
   <Colors>
      <Color  Id="59100">
         <I>200</I> <!-- Intensity based on user selected color -->
         <A>255</A> <!-- Alpha -->
      </Color>
   </Colors>
</New>

Then whenever you want to use your new color you can just call on it with rcclr. For example.

code:
Element [id=atom(blah)] {
   foreground: rcclr(59100); // Calls on color 59100
}

or

code:
<Element id=atom(blah) foreground=rcclr(59100)/>

Of course one thing to note is that the color will be gray unless the user has selected a color so please be aware of that.