Shoutbox

MS LiveChat LX-3000 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: MS LiveChat LX-3000 (/showthread.php?tid=80820)

MS LiveChat LX-3000 by tehblizz on 01-09-2008 at 02:38 PM

Hey guys,

my gf got me these headphones for my b'day, but I noticed that they are USB ONLY. I was wondering how the quality of audio was through a USB port. I'm not much of a technician so I have no idea how this works as opposed to a normal 3.5mm jack that goes into your audio card hole.
My laptop doesn't have a dedicated soundcard, so will using headphones through the USB port be any different? I need these headphones mostly to play games, chat and listen to music in situations in which I cannot use my 5.1 system.
Should I keep them or exchange them (its not a problem for my gf cuz she had no idea what to get) with something that has a normal 3.5mm audio jack?
Thanks for the input,

Francesco

RE: MS LiveChat LX-3000 by TReKiE on 01-09-2008 at 03:24 PM

The LX-3000 is actually one of the best headsets I've owned (in fact I own two pairs).  USB audio is actually a defined standard and works quite excellent.

They also keep out sound rather good, and have decent bass and treble production.  Don't return them, she made a good choice :P

Note: Post 100 :P

RE: RE: MS LiveChat LX-3000 by tehblizz on 01-09-2008 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TReKiE
The LX-3000 is actually one of the best headsets I've owned (in fact I own two pairs).  USB audio is actually a defined standard and works quite excellent.

They also keep out sound rather good, and have decent bass and treble production.  Don't return them, she made a good choice :P

Note: Post 100 :P

ok thank you for the input.. I had never heard of usb headphones before so I didn't really know what to think of them.. my soundcard is a normal laptop soundcard, I use a Creative Live USB external card for my 5.1 system, but that's different.. My only doubt was if I wanted a pair with a normal 3.5 jack so that I could use them with anything I want, then again I guess I could simply by myseld a pair of headphone for my cellphone mp3 player and keep these for PC use only right?
RE: MS LiveChat LX-3000 by tehblizz on 01-15-2008 at 11:23 PM

they are ok overall, not very good for listening to music though!

RE: MS LiveChat LX-3000 by MattyRid on 01-15-2008 at 11:33 PM

I find the LX-3000 brilliant for music.

In fact even better than my father's Logitech USB Speakers!

RE: MS LiveChat LX-3000 by tehblizz on 01-16-2008 at 12:00 AM

oky doky, I'll check out the settings better tomorrow morning, I might just have to get used to them a little, I started using them like 30mins ago and its 1am haha!

thanks for the help!

RE: MS LiveChat LX-3000 by ShawnZ on 01-16-2008 at 10:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tehblizz
I was wondering how the quality of audio was through a USB port.

it's highly dependent on the device. with analog, the quality is determined by the sound card -- but with USB speakers, they *are* the sound card.

this also means you can play different sounds on your speakers and headset simultaneously (e.g. play music on your speakers, but use skype on your headset.)

also, i have an LX-3000 and they're much better than the last headsets i've owned.
RE: MS LiveChat LX-3000 by tehblizz on 01-16-2008 at 08:40 PM

Anyone know how the  TRUST GM 6200 works Compared to the LX300?

RE: MS LiveChat LX-3000 by Voldemort on 01-16-2008 at 09:02 PM

i think that logitech is better than some random chinese brand called trust, but hey...

RE: MS LiveChat LX-3000 by tehblizz on 01-17-2008 at 09:28 PM

Ok after a couple of days I came to my conclusions:

Gaming/VideoChatting - The work fine, the audio is crisp and clear and the microphone is excellent

Music - The aren't too bad, the bass is very good but the sound isn't very clean.. maybe i'm just used to my cellphone earphones which are high quality!

So overall I'd think Im happy with them, although I would have preferred something more music-inclined ;)