Shoutbox

Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help (/showthread.php?tid=80831)

Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by Fuse on 01-09-2008 at 09:34 PM

I bought a new hard drive (name stated above) and i deleted a setup file on it that i thought was not needed (I was wrong). I was happy to find that you could download all the files from the western digital website however every time the download gets to 99% it just doesnt continue downloading.

I was wondering if anyone could download the file and then send it to me through messenger?

Thanks if you can help.

RE: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by prashker on 01-09-2008 at 09:36 PM

I got a My Book Premium. The software on it is crap anyways :D

RE: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by Fuse on 01-09-2008 at 09:38 PM

I dont intend to install any of the encryption or data storage or google software..just i cant access the drive through windows explorer without that file (I can use "explore" drive but I'd rather have the normal back)

RE: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by prashker on 01-09-2008 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuse
I dont intend to install any of the encryption or data storage or google software..just i cant access the drive through windows explorer without that file (I can use "explore" drive but I'd rather have the normal back)

Well, you obviously did something wrong, I don't have the software and I can access it normally just fine :p
RE: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by Fuse on 01-09-2008 at 09:49 PM

I used it on my sisters laptop first and i deleted files when i was on that. I then put it into my computer and whenever i try to access it (My comp > Drive) it says it needs the setup.exe

RE: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by albert on 01-09-2008 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuse
I was wondering if anyone could download the file and then send it to me through messenger?

How about a direct link to the file?
RE: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by Voldemort on 01-10-2008 at 04:21 AM

if you don't have anything on it, you could probably reformat it, nothing will happen and it might solve your problem...

RE: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by ShawnZ on 01-10-2008 at 04:25 AM

uhh... "explore" and "open" are the same thing. one not working has nothing to do with something not being installed, you just fucked something up.

RE: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by MeEtc on 01-10-2008 at 05:04 AM

Go to start > Run > type 'compmgmt.msc'
go to 'Disk Managment'
do you see your drive listed here? and does it have a drive letter associated with it?
if there is no drive letter, right click the volume, and select "Change drive letter and path'

RE: Western Digital My Book 2.0 Essential setup file help by prashker on 01-10-2008 at 05:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Go to start > Run > type 'compmgmt.msc'
go to 'Disk Managment'
do you see your drive listed here? and does it have a drive letter associated with it?
if there is no drive letter, right click the volume, and select "Change drive letter and path'

diskmgmt.msc brings you there directly :p