Shoutbox

msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening (/showthread.php?tid=80841)

msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by ahmetgns on 01-10-2008 at 10:46 AM

After the modification on the website, if I click anywhere on IE7 while I am opening www.msgpluslive.net or its subpages for the first time, it freezes the browser for about 5 seconds. But  before the modification, I don't remember such a problem. It happens on both my desktop and laptop computer. Did you notice this?

RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by andrey on 01-10-2008 at 01:30 PM

nothing freezing here...

RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by Menthix on 01-10-2008 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
After the modification on the website
Which one? Since the new site that came out on 4.50 release? Or since i added the new "full screenshot" links in the skins db about 2 days ago?

I remember one post like this a while ago, never had a crash myself, haven't heard problems from anyone else either. I think it's a issue on your side, but if anyone else has similar problems, please report and include browser version.
RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by andrey on 01-10-2008 at 02:37 PM

Okay, after trying again, I did notice some sort of 'freezing'.

Not freezing as in IE becomes unresponsive, but when I open msgpluslive.net and click on any link (e.g. news, download etc.) it says "waiting for msgpluslive.net" for a few seconds and the page is unresponsive in that time (can't scroll the page, can't click on anything). :^)
Doesn't happen in Opera though and probably depends on your connection speed, I hardly notice it with my internet connection.

IE 7.0.5730.11

RE: RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by ahmetgns on 01-10-2008 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
After the modification on the website
Which one? Since the new site that came out on 4.50 release? Or since i added the new "full screenshot" links in the skins db about 2 days ago?
Since the new site with 4.50. It is not related to skins page because I experience this while, for instance, opening features page.
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I remember one post like this a while ago, never had a crash myself, haven't heard problems from anyone else either. I think it's a issue on your side, but if anyone else has similar problems, please report and include browser version.
I am at school now and tried here, but it didn't freeze anything :S

Normally I would suspect about my desktop computer because its configuration is really poor but when I experience this on my laptop, which has a good configuration I think, I wanted to post this problem.

You know there is a rotating blue image on IE7's tabs while downloading the pages and when IE freezes while opening the website, it stops and doesn't rotate anymore. Also the buttons on toolbars cannot be clicked. Then suddenly page appears and IE7 unfreezes. Strange but I hated it because while opening the website, I have to wait until it is downloaded completely.

I think something like a script causes this problem while being downloaded on my computers, I dunno. But if I then surf inside the website, it doesn't freeze anymore. Also if I open a new IE window and try to open the website, it occurs again :s
RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by vaccination on 01-10-2008 at 06:39 PM

I don't notice any freezing, only notice you can't scroll once clicking a link to a new page whilst it loads it, but that lasts less than a second, if it's lasting 5 seconds for you, I'd suggest it's either slow internet connection or bad cpu/memory.

The scrollbar 'freezing' I get happens on all sites though, I'm guessing that IE turns scrolling off as it loads a new page or something, as it doesn't happen in FF

RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by Quantum on 01-10-2008 at 07:46 PM

Well its a bit slow but nothing bad or buggy here. Using Internet explorer 7. It takes about 2-3 more seconds thats all (with me anyway)

RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by Voldemort on 01-10-2008 at 08:03 PM

Nothing happens on Firefox and IE7, no noticeable lag, on win xp, if it makes any difference.

RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by roflmao456 on 01-10-2008 at 10:13 PM

UPNP?

RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by Menthix on 01-10-2008 at 11:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
UPNP?
What does that have to do with any of this? :s
RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by ahmetgns on 01-11-2008 at 12:21 AM

This is what I get: Homepage menu is visible however Print button is pressed and everything is unresponsive at that moment. After about ten seconds the page opened and everything went normal again.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=881274]

And about the upnp thing. I checked Messenger Options>Connection and it says "You are connected to the Internet via a NAT restricted with UPnP connection point". (sorry for the translation mistakes) Maybe that is why my two computers (laptop and desktop) experiences this because both are connected to the same adsl modem.

RE: msgpluslive.net freezes IE7 while opening by Baggins on 01-11-2008 at 12:42 AM

I did notice this while using IE7 on Vista, no service pack.
Didn't happen with any other sites.