Shoutbox

[Help] Resizing Windows that the tabs make? [screenshots] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Help] Resizing Windows that the tabs make? [screenshots] (/showthread.php?tid=80851)

[Help] Resizing Windows that the tabs make? [screenshots] by Keikonium on 01-10-2008 at 07:01 PM

I doubt many people use the tabs, but for those that do, I want my skin to look perfect for them too :P. Here is what my skin looks like with the contact list:
[Image: mesorbyskin3.png]

As you can see, there are spaces between the contact list and everything else. This is the intended way it should look.

Then when I choose a tab that loads a webpage (?) it looks like this:
[Image: mesorbyskin2.png]

Now there are no spaces between the contact list area (now a webpage) and the surrounding elements.

My question is, is there a way to change the padding of the things that the tabs open?

RE: [Help] Resizing Windows that the tabs make? [screenshots] by Basilis on 01-10-2008 at 07:18 PM

I don't know the answer but I have to give you a credit.This skin is very nice.How did you make the contact list elements transparent?Sorry to ask this question in this post but I admire your work and I want to see the way it is done.

RE: [Help] Resizing Windows that the tabs make? [screenshots] by Keikonium on 01-10-2008 at 07:31 PM

Not exactly the place to ask (or for me to explain) since I have a thread here for that: Click

But basically I replaced the elements with a 1x1 pixel 100% transparent image then I wrapped the desired sections in a new element that I created. Just a little trial and error, mostly with trying to get the boxes to stretch while resizing the window :P.

RE: [Help] Resizing Windows that the tabs make? [screenshots] by Keikonium on 01-11-2008 at 08:20 PM

Does anyone know how to resize them?

RE: [Help] Resizing Windows that the tabs make? [screenshots] by Willz on 01-11-2008 at 11:24 PM

the way tabs load content is not anything you control unless you have access to the page that loads in the tab, its the main reason i don't really bother with them since they can act really weird sometimes.