Shoutbox

Now Playing Script Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Now Playing Script Help (/showthread.php?tid=80852)

Now Playing Script Help by Clarkooo.1 on 01-10-2008 at 07:15 PM

I want my current set media to be displayed in italics so I downloaded the now playing script and attempted to do so but it has not worked as you will see below..I know its nothing to do with the Evo skin as I've unskinned messenger and tried it without a skin and it still never showed my current set media in italics can anyone help me?..(see below)

[Image: imageyi4.jpg]

RE: Now Playing Script Help by ahmetgns on 01-10-2008 at 09:49 PM

That is exactly what I experience. I even asked this on the thread about Now Playing. Because it seems that the Now Playing script cannot even detect the existence of WMP on my computer. And it doesn't set the current media at all. What we see in the contact list is what WMP sets itself without any need of that script so italic formatting doesn't work. Did you try sending (!MYMEDIA) tag in a convo window as SonicSam suggested at that other thread you created. Because when I send it while I am listening to a music, it sends "NP: [00:00][Stopped]". Please help us.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I checked again now and it worked. Try restarting your computer, because I did so.

RE: Now Playing Script Help by Clarkooo.1 on 01-10-2008 at 10:33 PM

The (!MYMEDIA) tag works but my current set media still remains without the italics. Any ideas on what is wrong? I've restarted my computer several times.

EDIT: I am using iTunes

RE: Now Playing Script Help by prashker on 01-10-2008 at 11:34 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=880542]

Why did you post again, I thought we solved this, or am I missing the point in this new thread :p?

RE: Now Playing Script Help by Clarkooo.1 on 01-11-2008 at 04:30 PM

It wasnt solved lol I only thought It was and people would not read a thread that they thought was solved lol so can anyone help me out here?

RE: Now Playing Script Help by Jimbo on 01-11-2008 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Clarkooo.1
It wasnt solved lol I only thought It was and people would not read a thread that they thought was solved lol so can anyone help me out here?
The now playing script was fucking up a lot in everything for me when using iTunes, try using Winamp or something, works like a charm here :)
RE: Now Playing Script Help by Clarkooo.1 on 01-11-2008 at 06:12 PM

Yeh but iTunes is my default media player lol I aint changing my media player just because of this script. The script should work for all media players. It even has iTunes as an option to work with in the config menu and it still doesnt work =[

RE: Now Playing Script Help by Clarkooo.1 on 01-12-2008 at 11:51 PM

You're right iTunes is fucked up cause I just tried using WMP and it works like a charm :D

The script should be compatible with iTunes though :S

RE: Now Playing Script Help by -dt- on 01-13-2008 at 04:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Clarkooo.1
The script should be compatible with iTunes though (Smilie)
it should be.... just make sure you disable whatever option in iTunes that sends the song to wlm.
RE: Now Playing Script Help by deAd on 01-13-2008 at 04:58 AM

There is none, you have to disable WLM's now playing feature to make it not set from iTunes (and then music now playing wont be able to set it itself).

RE: Now Playing Script Help by -dt- on 01-13-2008 at 07:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
There is none, you have to disable WLM's now playing feature to make it not set from iTunes (and then music now playing wont be able to set it itself).
well : < that's dodgy, so theres no way to prevent iTunes from sending it :(?
* -dt- starts thinking about subclassing the wlm message window and rejecting iTunes updates....
RE: Now Playing Script Help by Clarkooo.1 on 01-13-2008 at 05:27 PM

So pretty much iTunes is uncompatible with this script? :(

RE: RE: Now Playing Script Help by deAd on 01-13-2008 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
well : < that's dodgy, so theres no way to prevent iTunes from sending it :(?
* -dt- starts thinking about subclassing the wlm message window and rejecting iTunes updates....
iTunes doesn't send it...WLM uses the iTunes COM object to update when the song changes.
RE: Now Playing Script Help by -dt- on 01-13-2008 at 07:26 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
well : < that's dodgy, so theres no way to prevent iTunes from sending it [Image: msn_sad.gif]?
iTunes doesn't send it...WLM uses the iTunes COM object to update when the song changes.
really? wow I didn't think they would do that : <

well.... iTunes support is fuxxed then : <
RE: Now Playing Script Help by Clarkooo.1 on 01-13-2008 at 08:37 PM

So I cant use iTunes with this script pretty much? :(

RE: Now Playing Script Help by Xeor on 01-17-2008 at 11:19 PM

I'm also having a problem with iTunes :(.
When I'm playing a song the script displays the Artist / Song / Album and all the other things and when the song stops and it goes to a new song it switches back to the ' classic ' display that Msn Live always display.

Does anyone knows what it could be? Or does it had to do with the same problem as here above??