Shoutbox

Chat Log Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Chat Log Problems (/showthread.php?tid=80857)

Chat Log Problems by Prince_of_Light on 01-11-2008 at 03:50 AM

There are a few contacts that I have added recently that Messenger Plus WILL NOT allow me to enable chat logs on permanently. I check the enable option, sign off manually, exit the program, then restart the program and sign back on just to find them all unchecked again. I have no idea what's going on and I've lost a lot of conversations because of this. Help?

EDIT: Plus Version 423.0.276 Messenger version: 8.0

Also, this happens each time I close the WINDOW of one of the contact's it's not saving for.

RE: Chat Log Problems by Basilis on 01-11-2008 at 08:44 PM

I suggest you download msn 8.5 and plus 4.50. They are the latest versions and so the most trustworthy. But don't rely on that.Youm just don't lose anything if you try it.

RE: Chat Log Problems by ahmetgns on 01-11-2008 at 10:28 PM

Go to Chat Logging Filter (Messenger Plus! Live Preferences panel>Conversations>Chat Logging) Here press on Filter button and make sure everyone is selected for their chats to be logged. Also set the "Default value for unknown or new contacts" option as "Enabled". (I think it is set as "Disabled" on your computer because you said you have ADDED RECENTLY so they are filtered out by default due to that option ;)

The option "Enable chat logging" in Convo window's Plus! menu is to change the preference temporarily without touching the real filter. For example, if you want to say something secret and don't want it to be logged in the log file, then you can easily use that option to disable chat logging for a while without going to the real filter.

RE: Chat Log Problems by Prince_of_Light on 01-11-2008 at 11:15 PM

YES! THANK YOU! *problem solved, if I can't close this threads, have mods close it*