Shoutbox

Problem in Events Notification Customization - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem in Events Notification Customization (/showthread.php?tid=80865)

Problem in Events Notification Customization by Rahat on 01-11-2008 at 02:57 PM

Hello,
I  am having a problem with the time. Although I set the time for the full song to be played for a user when he signs in/out, but it only plays for the first few seconds:(
I'm wondering how this could be solved?

RE: Problem in Events Notification Customization by Mnjul on 01-11-2008 at 05:36 PM

In the third screen of the Event Notification Wizard, there's a textbox reading "Maximum duration of this sound to play, in seconds". Do you have a desired valued lying there?

RE: Problem in Events Notification Customization by Rahat on 01-11-2008 at 08:23 PM

yes, i converted the duration in seconds and put the value there. But i found that only a few second of the song actually plays:(
is there a solution to this please?

RE: Problem in Events Notification Customization by Spunky on 01-11-2008 at 08:31 PM

The sounds stops when the toast disappears. There is another thread about this, please search

RE: Problem in Events Notification Customization by Rahat on 01-11-2008 at 08:38 PM

how do i stop the toast till the song is played? is there any way?

RE: Problem in Events Notification Customization by ahmetgns on 01-11-2008 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
The sounds stops when the toast disappears. There is another thread about this, please search
Looks like Rahat doesn't like searching, let us do it for him:maximum duration for event notifications is useless

I think CookieRevised explained it very well.
quote:
Originally posted by Rahat
how do i stop the toast till the song is played? is there any way?
My two cents: Toast is dominant to the song, not song to the toast. So you cannot make the toast stay there till the song ends. If you want to play songs long then try asssigning an online sound from inside Messenger Options (>Alerts and Sounds>Windows Live Messenger events>Contact online) This sound will be played to its end even if the toast disappears after sometime.
RE: Problem in Events Notification Customization by Rahat on 01-11-2008 at 11:26 PM

dear ahmetgns,
i did try to search but didn't actually know what to put as the search query:(
but many thanks for the help, now my problem is solved & i don't also need the toast.
thankkkks to everyone!
gud luck