Shoutbox

msn keeps disconecting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn keeps disconecting (/showthread.php?tid=80875)

msn keeps disconecting by Jodiebaybee on 01-11-2008 at 11:12 PM

My msn keeps dissconecting by its self
Dose anybody know what i can do ?

RE: msn keeps disconecting by Chris4 on 01-12-2008 at 06:23 AM

Does your whole internet disconnect? Like you can't access websites, or just Messenger?

I need more information: If you say (!VER) in a conversation with someone (presuming you have Msg Plus! Live installed) it will tell you your Operating System, Messenger version and Plus! version, which helps us solve your problem. Copy and paste it to us.

Can you think of anything can could be blocking it? Like a firewall..? Which one do you have?

Are you directly connected to your modem or are you connected to the internet wirelessly through a router?

Have you tried testing your connection in Messenger? Go to Tools > Options > Connection > Advanced Settings > and click 'Test' on TCP. It should say 'Success'.

"Google is your friend." There are many solutions to problems like this found on Google.

RE: msn keeps disconecting by Jodiebaybee on 01-12-2008 at 04:20 PM

Well i have ZoneAlarm firewall And wierless internet
Ive turned ZonwAlarm off and it still keeps disconnecting My pages also stop loading sometimes

RE: msn keeps disconecting by Chris4 on 01-15-2008 at 06:19 AM

Can you answer all the questions please, otherwise I can't help you. :-/

RE: msn keeps disconecting by Jodiebaybee on 01-15-2008 at 08:42 PM

Does your whole internet disconnect? Like you can't access websites, or just Messenger? Just messenger

Can you think of anything can could be blocking it? Like a firewall..? Which one do you have? ZoneAlarm

Are you directly connected to your modem or are you connected to the internet wirelessly through a router? WierlessRouter

Have you tried testing your connection in Messenger? Go to Tools > Options > Connection > Advanced Settings > and click 'Test' on TCP. It should say 'Success'.
It Says Success

RE: msn keeps disconecting by Jodiebaybee on 01-26-2008 at 10:15 PM

Its all sorted now there was somthing rong with the router i had to downlad somthing off the vergin midia website thx for your suport x :)

RE: msn keeps disconecting by Chris4 on 01-27-2008 at 02:53 AM

No problem. Thanks for posting the solution :)

Edit: What was it you had to download?