Shoutbox

[Help]Attaching files and putting links - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [Help]Attaching files and putting links (/showthread.php?tid=80932)

[Help]Attaching files and putting links by Basilis on 01-14-2008 at 02:42 PM

Could someone tell me the way to put attachments in my threads? I also want   to know how I can put links. I will be grateful to anyone helping me. (Y)

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by MeEtc on 01-14-2008 at 03:17 PM

Attachments are added at the 'Post Reply' page, they can't be added in the quick reply button at a bottom of a thread.
Links can be added by using BB Code

code:
[url=http://somedomain.com]Some Link[/url]

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by ahmetgns on 01-14-2008 at 03:18 PM

Help pages of Messenger Plus! Live Forums

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by Basilis on 01-14-2008 at 04:32 PM

Ok.Thanks both for your help

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by Basilis on 01-14-2008 at 10:30 PM

I am trying over half an hour to post a thread with a picture but I can't.I have deleted the thread 6 times.So, can anyone give me a clear example of what exactly I should do?Please help...

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by djdannyp on 01-14-2008 at 10:34 PM

to put a picture into your post just click the [Image: image.gif] button and then paste in the URL of the picture which you are trying to show.

if it is a picture you are attaching to your post, then upload it first with the "attachment" box when writing a message, then copy the link of it and edit your original post and use the method describe as above with the link you'll get to the attachment to your post

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by Nathan on 01-14-2008 at 10:37 PM

OR you can just add

[img][attachment][/img]

Just add that wherever you want to show the uploaded pic, that way you don't have to upload first, edit your post, with the upload link :)

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by ahmetgns on 01-14-2008 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
if it is a picture you are attaching to your post, then upload it first with the "attachment" box when writing a message, then copy the link of it and edit your original post and use the method describe as above with the link you'll get to the attachment to your post
No need to do those long steps. Everything has been explained in Help Pages very well. Basilis, why don't you read those pages? If you read and you didn't understand, I don't think we can help much :^)
RE: RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by djdannyp on 01-14-2008 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
OR you can just add

[img][attachment][/img]

Just add that wherever you want to show the uploaded pic, that way you don't have to upload first, edit your post, with the upload link :)

nice tip, i didn't know that......i'd always done it the long way
RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by Basilis on 01-15-2008 at 04:27 PM

What I do is: I first browse the picture and then I write this in the post     

[img][attachment][/img]

Should I write something else than that?What am I doing wrong?

:(

RE: RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by djdannyp on 01-15-2008 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
What I do is: I first browse the picture and then I write this in the post     

[img][attachment][/img]

Should I write something else than that?What am I doing wrong?

:(

if the image is from a website, you don't type [attachment] in between the [img] tags, you just put the url of the picture between the [img] tags

[attachment] is only used if the image is one you are uploading with your post
RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by WDZ on 01-15-2008 at 05:15 PM

Make sure you select the attachment right before clicking the "New Thread" or "New Reply" submit button (the attachment will be lost if you click Preview). Also, make sure the file is less than 2 MB. Did you get any error messages?

Note: Images can be hosted on ImageShack or something as well, if attachments are too much trouble.

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by Basilis on 01-15-2008 at 05:42 PM

No. But how can I select the attachment before clicking new thread. By the way, The picture is not from a website. I have it on my computer.

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by vaccination on 01-15-2008 at 06:03 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=882045]

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by Basilis on 01-15-2008 at 06:19 PM

It didn't work.Does the picture have to be png format?

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by vaccination on 01-15-2008 at 06:20 PM

No.

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by Basilis on 01-15-2008 at 06:27 PM

Fortunately I found it. The picture I was trying to use was a bitmap. When I changed it to png it finally showed up. Thanks very much for all your help and sorry for wasting your time. Thanks again.

RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by Spunky on 01-15-2008 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
It didn't work.Does the picture have to be png format?

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
No.

It makes no difference which format it is
RE: [Help]Attaching files and putting links by Nathan on 01-15-2008 at 11:13 PM

I think he probably wrote it out wrong.

I sometimes do it, it's an easy mistake :p