Shoutbox

Help with Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help with Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=80946)

Help with Messenger Plus! by nick on 01-15-2008 at 12:19 AM

I have a question regarding Messenger Plus! Whenever I try to run MSN Live Messenger (since installing Messenger Plus) it does not turn on, I have Windows Live Messenger. I tried to reinstall Windows Live several times, however, it still doesnt work. I can go to task manager and processes, and see that MSN is running when i start it up, but its not actually open. If I close MSN from processes, it still wont start up again. I also repaired Messenger Plus then uninstalled Messenger Plus from Ad/remove programs and MSN Messenger still wont start up. Is there any advice anyone has?

Thanks, Nick. 

RE: Help with Messenger Plus! by djdannyp on 01-15-2008 at 12:28 AM

Which version if Windows Live Messenger are you using?

Try downloading the most recent version from here and seeing if that helps you

Also, do you have SweetIM or SmileyCentral installed, as these can cause conflict with Messenger Plus Live

RE: Help with Messenger Plus! by nick on 01-15-2008 at 12:30 AM

I do not have any thing like SweetIM or SmileyCentral installed.
I'll try running the newest version (which I thinK I already had) but I cant check the version because I cant Open MSN to go to About

Well it is the newest version of Live Messegner I had because when i download that installer you provided, it says that messenger is already installed and it says "Start Messenger" but when I click that link nothing happens.

RE: Help with Messenger Plus! by djdannyp on 01-15-2008 at 01:11 AM

Try uninstalling both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus Live completely, then doing a fresh install of WLM and seeing if it works

then if it does, try installing Plus again

also, just a little tip, instead of double posting (making two posts in a row) use the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post to add more information :)

RE: Help with Messenger Plus! by nick on 01-15-2008 at 03:46 AM

I did just as you said. I uninstalled both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus, restarted my computer and same problem, when I click Start messenger after the WLM installation is finished, nothing happens (WLM doesnt open) but I see "msnmsgr.exe" in processes.

Someone please help me, and sorry for double post :(

RE: Help with Messenger Plus! by MeEtc on 01-15-2008 at 04:11 AM

I have had this happen to me recently too, for whatever reason. A few times actually. Restarting my PC helped once, another time I had to go through a clean uninstall of Plus and WLM