Shoutbox

Doesn't give me the option of creating a .com email - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Doesn't give me the option of creating a .com email (/showthread.php?tid=80955)

Doesn't give me the option of creating a .com email by Iotrez on 01-15-2008 at 08:12 AM

Hi there,

I'm trying to sign up to Windows live messanger with a new email.

I want the new email to end in .com however messanger only seems to be giving me the option to select .co.uk in the create new email section.

The reason I want .com is that I already have an email with .co.uk and I have printed off lots of leaflets advertising my business, but mistakingly put .com on the leaflets instead of .co.uk

So now I want to see if i can just create the email with .com instead of having to re print all the leaflets.

Thanks for any help.

RE: Doesn't give me the option of creating a .com email by Spunky on 01-15-2008 at 06:19 PM

Set your country to US.

RE: Doesn't give me the option of creating a .com email by ahmetgns on 01-15-2008 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Set your country to US.
Where shoud he set it like that? I didn't understand what you meant and I think your method will not help. I will be happy if you bother to explain it if I missed something.

lotrez, before clicking on "Sign-up for Window Live ID" link in sign-in window of Messenger, change your Internet Explorer's Languages settings such:

Go Internet Options>General tab>Languages button. Here add, English (U.S.A) [en-US] to the languages list and move it to the top of the list. Then click on "sign-up" link in Messenger's sign-in window.
RE: Doesn't give me the option of creating a .com email by Spunky on 01-15-2008 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Here add, English (U.S.A) [en-US] to the languages list and move it to the top of the list. Then click on "sign-up" link in Messenger's sign-in window.

That will probably accompolish nothing. Set the country to US on the signup page, as you're creating a new email
RE: Doesn't give me the option of creating a .com email by pollolibredegrasa on 01-15-2008 at 08:04 PM

quote:
quote:
Set your country to US.
Where shoud he set it like that? I didn't understand what you meant and I think your method will not help.
Page language options in Internet Explorer have nothing to do with it, so your suggestion is the unhelpful one.

If you're on the "Sign up for Windows Live" page, then try this link instead to get a .com address.
RE: Doesn't give me the option of creating a .com email by ahmetgns on 01-15-2008 at 08:05 PM

quote:
That will probably accompolish nothing. Set the country to US on the signup page, as you're creating a new email
I can't see any option for country selection at "Sign-up" page :s, how do you see?OK, I saw it, I just needed to wait some more time until the page loads fully.

And when I change Internet Explorer's language, for example to Deutsch (German) it gives me to choose an address with .de extension. So IE really has an effect on the extensions.

However when I change the country for example as German, it doesn't change the avaliable address extensions :s
RE: RE: Doesn't give me the option of creating a .com email by pollolibredegrasa on 01-15-2008 at 08:10 PM

quote:
quote:
I can't see any option for country selection at "Sign-up" page :s, how do you see?

Scroll down.

quote:
And when I change Internet Explorer's language, for example to Deutsch (German) it gives me to choose an address with .de extension. So IE really has an effect on the extensions.

Well it has no effect here. The only language installed here is en-us yet it still only allows .co.uk addresses, unless I change the link.