Shoutbox

Grayscale skins - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Grayscale skins (/showthread.php?tid=80996)

Grayscale skins by sfox on 01-17-2008 at 01:12 AM

Why is it that all the skins I import into Messenger Plus 4.5 turn themselves grayscale when I view it.
I've done what's to be done: Install MSN Live 8.5, Install Messenger Plus 4.5, Import skin, restart MSN.

I've download Vista Ultimate and Vista X to see if it was just the one skin. They were both working incorrectly.
I look into the XML file and see if there are any major differences, and there wasn't, so I can only assume all skin XML files are similar.

Note:
I say I've installed MSN, I mean I installed P4.5 onto L8.1, imported the skin realising it will not work, then installed L8.5, only to find it made things worse. I then uninstalled both, and re-installed them completely. Still doesn't work.

RE: Grayscale skins by ahmetgns on 01-17-2008 at 12:25 PM

Do you mean, in Skins section of MsgPlus! Live Preferences window, all listed skin names have been greyed out and you cannot apply them?

RE: Grayscale skins by sfox on 01-17-2008 at 12:52 PM

No. I mean the skins have no color. They just turn to colors between white, grey and black.

Screenshot
Have a look at this screenshot. The background has no color. It should do. This is the same with all other MSN windows.

RE: Grayscale skins by duck! on 01-17-2008 at 05:13 PM

Try changing the color of Windows live messenger to a lighter color [Image: msn_tongue.gif]

RE: Grayscale skins by sfox on 01-17-2008 at 07:54 PM

Should it override the live messenger color settings? Is it not possible to just have the colors we were showed in the screenshot for the skin?
It makes it hard to see one thing or the other.

I've seen this skin on a friends MSN (same version) and it worked perfectly well.

No worries: I've fixed it now. Found out it was meant to be a particular color. It should of mentioned this somewhere!

RE: Grayscale skins by Spunky on 01-17-2008 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sfox
No worries: I've fixed it now. Found out it was meant to be a particular color. It should of mentioned this somewhere!

Most skins let you "colourize" them, meaning the will always be the same colour you set your Messenger windows to, so as to fit in with any styles you might have