Shoutbox

tuning wizard - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: tuning wizard (/showthread.php?tid=81040)

tuning wizard by beckyspain on 01-18-2008 at 03:45 PM

I have just got the VX6000 webcam. I am having trouble because when i try to talk to anyone or even testing it on voice playback, there is an echo and voice distortion really bad. I went to do the tuning wizard, but when i click on menu...tools...webcam settings....it says please use the wizard, but its in grey and i cannot click on it? I am just trying evrything to try to get this webcam to work properly!!! Any help appreciated. I can see my picture fine on the webcam, just trouble with the voice distortion.

RE: tuning wizard by djdannyp on 01-18-2008 at 03:51 PM

you can't use the set-up wizard whilst in a call, so try it when you're not connected

also, the distortion probably comes from the microphone volume being too loud and so coming back out through your speakers and creating interference

try moving the microphone further away from your speakers, or turning the volume of the microphone down

RE: tuning wizard by beckyspain on 01-18-2008 at 03:56 PM

I have tried moving the cam away from speakers and turning down volume...still no good. I cannot get onto the tuning wizard when I am not in a call, havnt tried it in a call!!
I have spent all day trying to get this webcam to work properly, trying different volumes and going back to voice playback test, doesnt help!

RE: tuning wizard by Spunky on 01-18-2008 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beckyspain
I have tried moving the cam away from speakers and turning down volume...still no good. I cannot get onto the tuning wizard when I am not in a call, havnt tried it in a call!!
I have spent all day trying to get this webcam to work properly, trying different volumes and going back to voice playback test, doesnt help!

Are you using the drivers that came with the webcam, or Windows default ones? try updating the drivers
RE: tuning wizard by beckyspain on 01-18-2008 at 05:10 PM

Hi, I have tried that as well! I am still searching google for a solution to this webcam and how to get messenger tunung wizard!