Shoutbox

HELP PLEASEEE!! (virus) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: HELP PLEASEEE!! (virus) (/showthread.php?tid=81052)

HELP PLEASEEE!! (virus) by ODIE on 01-19-2008 at 03:39 AM

hi, a friend sent me a .zip file ,   inside there was a application file named: myspace11, i clicked it and from then on when im using my messenger automatically opens and  sends this file to my  online contacts, and freezes my messenger, i tried many antiviruses, but nothing works,, pleaseee, help meee..   

THANKS, A LOT... :D

RE: HELP PLEASEEE!! by kezz on 01-19-2008 at 06:00 AM

1) Uninstall plus!live and messenger
2) Get a decent antivirus to clean your pc - AVG Free is good [http://free.grisoft.com/]
3) Reinstall wlm v8.5
4) Reinstall plus!live
5) Don't open random files

help by ODIE on 01-19-2008 at 08:10 PM

i TRIED that,, but nothing,, i searched my pc, i foud that file at, my temp files on my (c) hard drive, i  deleted it, but i keeps reapearing.,, how do i get rid of it.???

RE: HELP PLEASEEE!! by vikke on 01-19-2008 at 11:30 PM

I think you can remove it with Symantec. More information on the worm here: http://tc.imlogic.com/threatcenterportal/pubThrea...aspx?ThreatID=3279
Edit: I'm not sure that's the right worm, this one is over AIM.

RE: HELP PLEASEEE!! by Aardvark on 01-20-2008 at 01:26 AM

Deleting temp files won't really solve anything, since it's probably got some registry files too which'll just make it keep reappearing.

From my experience symantec isn't really that good at removing once infected (not even the specially designed tools which target one SPECIFIC virus) *reads article on virus* nah shouldn't be too hard to get rid of. If that or AVG don't work you could always try Ad-Aware, or if not, it's always good to have a copy of that program anyway.

RE: HELP PLEASEEE!! by kezz on 01-20-2008 at 04:10 AM

You can use System Configuration Utility [Start > Run> 'msconfig'] and look under the 'Startup' tab. That will tell you all of the process that load at startup.  In the 'command' column, you can find the location of these startup processes, and in turn find any suspect applications that are running on startup. The directory of the suspect application will usually give it away. Anything in 'c:/documents and settings/allusers/application data' could be suspect

RE: HELP PLEASEEE!! by lizard.boy on 01-20-2008 at 04:39 AM

You could try impFix, a tool which I have used on multiple occasions to remove different WLM worms.

Get it here

RE: HELP PLEASEEE!! by ahmetgns on 01-20-2008 at 11:30 PM

I have a program named MSN Cleaner, I used it once in such a situation and it found one worm/trojan whatever it is inside  C:/Documents and Settings/All Users iirc and removed it. I am not sure the reliability of that program, so if you know it is bad, feel free to remove it from attachment.

[Image: msncleanerssskz9.th.png]