Shoutbox

playing songs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: playing songs (/showthread.php?tid=81091)

playing songs by Baradekai on 01-20-2008 at 09:53 PM

is it possible to increase the total time of the sound clip or in some other way play a full song in a convo. me and my friends thought it would be really cool if you could.

RE: playing songs by vaccination on 01-20-2008 at 10:31 PM

Not using Plus!'s sound feature, I don't think, as it's too much on the servers.

RE: playing songs by ahmetgns on 01-20-2008 at 10:54 PM

You can record a 15 seconds sound clip with Messenger's own feature. Messenger Plus! doesn't have any feature to increase that limit. Messenger patches like A-Patch or Mess-Patch may have it, I don't know but it would be too much load on the servers.

If you don't want to record the song from an external device like your radio, if the song file is in your computer, then sending the file itself or using Music Mix application in Messenger are the best solutions. (You can find Music Mix application from the menus of convo windows but that feature may not be avaliable in your region).

Messenger Plus! Live's emotion sounds' time cannot be increased more than 12 seconds currently because they are emotion sounds and supposed to be short.

RE: playing songs by Baradekai on 01-21-2008 at 01:14 AM

aaw, alright thanks, i wish you could,  if nothing else to give a decent sample of a song since 12 seconds really isn't enough to decide if you like a song or not

RE: RE: playing songs by djdannyp on 01-21-2008 at 03:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Baradekai
aaw, alright thanks, i wish you could,  if nothing else to give a decent sample of a song since 12 seconds really isn't enough to decide if you like a song or not

iTunes offers free 30 second previews of all songs available on its music store

or alternatively try looking on YouTube....most songs are uploaded on there with either live performances or official music videos