Shoutbox

I need help badly (skin compatibility) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: I need help badly (skin compatibility) (/showthread.php?tid=81097)

I need help badly (skin compatibility) by hellno2000 on 01-21-2008 at 01:40 AM

Hey Everyone, I have got this skin (linked below)

http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/29-VISTA-Ultimate/

And read this:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/help/#compatibility

Can someone please help me get this skin working on my Windows Live Messenger please.

RE: I need help badly by warmth on 01-21-2008 at 01:46 AM

what is your WLM version???

RE: I need help badly by Nagamasa on 01-21-2008 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hellno2000

Can someone please help me get this skin working on my Windows Live Messenger please.
Assuming you are using WLM 8.1, I suggest you upgrade to WLM 8.5. The only skin right now in the Skins Database that supports WLM 8.1 is Smile a Mile.
RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by hellno2000 on 01-21-2008 at 03:01 AM

I have version 8.5.   I just cant figure out how to do this.

RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by Nagamasa on 01-21-2008 at 03:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hellno2000
I have version 8.5.   I just cant figure out how to do this.
If you have 8.5, then it is already compatible. You need to open the .plsk file that you have downloaded and follow the simple on-screen instructions. You should be able to install it.
RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by djdannyp on 01-21-2008 at 03:15 AM

First make sure that you have the latest verison of messenger plus from here as skinning is only compatibly with version 4.50.

After this, when you've downloaded the skin, double click on the file and it will prompt you to install it

Once this is done the skin will be enabled after you restart messenger.  Some skins have extra options, to access these click the Messenger Plus logo button, then "Messenger Skin" and "Skin Options"

RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by hellno2000 on 01-21-2008 at 03:23 AM

ok, When I double click on the skin I get a message that says:

This program is used internally by Messenger Plus!.  It cannot be run on its own.

What do I open this file as or what ever to install it?

RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by Nagamasa on 01-21-2008 at 03:26 AM

You're suppose to be opening VISTA-Ultimate-0.2.0.plsk.

To me, it seems like you're not opening the right file.

RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by hellno2000 on 01-21-2008 at 03:29 AM

Its the same file that I downloaded that i mentioned in the link above

RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by Nagamasa on 01-21-2008 at 03:31 AM

Try going running Messenger, then go to Plus! Preferences. Then, Go to Customize! and select Skins. Click Import and select the file that you have downloaded.

RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by MeEtc on 01-21-2008 at 03:31 AM

What might be happening, is the file extension details within Windows could have been messed up somehow. Running the file is supposed to launch an exe program with the skin as an argument, but its skipping the argument. Do a repair install of Messenger Plus from the Control Panel, and try installing the skin again.

RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by hellno2000 on 01-21-2008 at 03:38 AM

Sorry but I dont have that under customize,

The only opetions that I have are:

Main,
Personalize Status
Event Notification

The version of plus that I have is:

RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by MeEtc on 01-21-2008 at 03:43 AM

In order to use skins, you'll need to download version 4.50 from here.

RE: RE: I need help badly (skin compatibility) by hellno2000 on 01-21-2008 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
In order to use skins, you'll need to download version 4.50 from url=http://www.msgpluslive.net/download]here[/url].

This worked thank yOu HeaPs