Shoutbox

my "first test skin" doens't appear - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: my "first test skin" doens't appear (/showthread.php?tid=81104)

my "first test skin" doens't appear by joe joe on 01-21-2008 at 06:23 AM

hi there..i've a little bit of problem..my first test skin doesnt appear..i followed willz instruction step by step..but still it doesn't apeear..i've restarted my messenger..it still does not appear..im using messenger 8.5.1302

i've saved the file as SkinInfo.xml and still doesnt appear.. i'll post an attachment of my SkinInfo.xml file.. pls take a look and help :(

RE: my "first test skin" doens't appear by Willz on 01-21-2008 at 07:08 AM

are you working in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins ?

if you are then you may want to try reinstalling Plus! and see if the skin appears then.

RE: my "first test skin" doens't appear by Basilis on 01-21-2008 at 01:39 PM

You have to save the file into the messenger plus! live directory. Then you go to plus! preferences and you select it.

RE: RE: my "first test skin" doens't appear by joe joe on 01-21-2008 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
are you working in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins ?

if you are then you may want to try reinstalling Plus! and see if the skin appears then.

Yes..I'm working in the directory that you have specified..but still i am not able to see the file under "messenger plus" i've tried reinstalling..but still there's no effect.. i'll attach the content that i have copy-paste from your skinning instructions..

Regards.
RE: my "first test skin" doens't appear by Basilis on 01-21-2008 at 02:26 PM

I checked again the first picture and I think you have put the wrong " in the major and minor.The " should be like this.

<MsgVersion Major="8" Minor="5"/>

I may be mistaken but can you please check it.   

RE: my "first test skin" doens't appear by Keikonium on 01-21-2008 at 04:07 PM

Are you sure the file is SkinInfo.xml and not SkinInfo.xml.txt?
(just tossing it out there incase)

RE: my "first test skin" doens't appear by Matti on 01-21-2008 at 05:07 PM

More important: did you save it as Unicode? ;)

RE: RE: my "first test skin" doens't appear by joe joe on 01-21-2008 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I checked again the first picture and I think you have put the wrong " in the major and minor.The " should be like this.

<MsgVersion Major="8" Minor="5"/>

I may be mistaken but can you please check it.   

Sir..you are right..thats the error.. its suppose to be the way you said..thank you so much for your help..was racking my brain for this problem..thank you all for those who have tried to help..thanks alot..will post again if there's any problem,sorry to trouble all of you.... :D

Regards,

Joe
RE: my "first test skin" doens't appear by Basilis on 01-22-2008 at 04:23 PM

I am happy to hear I helped you. Don't mind to ask if you face any problems in the future. :)