Shoutbox

delete user - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: delete user (/showthread.php?tid=81169)

delete user by usser on 01-24-2008 at 02:27 PM

hello

I want some people not to appear in my contact list

I dont want to block them, I just dont want to see them there, because we speak very rarely and I dont want them to disctract me

so I 'deleted' them, without blocking them

but someone complained me about having her deleted

how do I prevent a contact to appear in my contact list, without blocking it and without the person know that I do this?

thanks

RE: delete user by Sunshine on 01-24-2008 at 02:43 PM

You can't prevent people looking whether or not they are still in your list, however not many will. There is no such thing as a notification when deleted from contactlist for your contacts.

There is no other solution really, unless you would settle for creating a new group, placing all those in there and keep that group closed at all times (using sort by groups)...

She should be glad you still allow her to talk to you. You can alsways tell that you like to keep your contact list very clean and that you don't want all to show there (for yourself or for others who happen to look at your screen). There are also people who periodically clean out their contact list removing all they don't talk to frequently ;)

RE: delete user by aNILEator on 01-24-2008 at 02:45 PM

impossible, well I guess Stuffplug has/had the ignore feature. but people can use tools such as norooms list cleaner, msgplus contact cleanup/manager and even messenger's built in list display thing to see who doesn't have you in their lists etc