Shoutbox

No new emails? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: No new emails? (/showthread.php?tid=81178)

No new emails? by The Alpha Gamer on 01-24-2008 at 06:52 PM

For the past few days my WLM has been playing up when it comes to emails. It says in the window how many i have and everything, yet i never get alerts telling me when i receive an email anymore. Any way to fix that? D=

RE: No new emails? by YST on 01-25-2008 at 06:36 PM

hm i think in your case you go to..
tools > options > alerts and sounds > alerts and check the box 'display alerts when email is received'

i dunno if that's the problem
i have a similar problem but rather the opposite
the email icon (just above the contact list) that displays the amount of unread emails i currently have, doesn't seem to work anymore.
let's say the email icon displays (3) when i log on to indicate that i have 3 new messages (emails)
i go to click and open the emails but the email icon with the (3) next to it remains the same.
even after i've deleted the emails.
and if i log on with no new emails, i have to regularly check myself to see if i have received any new emails, and that can get annoying.
especially when it's important.

this happens on both of my computers.

i'm guessing it could be MSN plus, but i'm not too sure on that, either.

RE: RE: No new emails? by The Alpha Gamer on 01-25-2008 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YST
hm i think in your case you go to..
tools > options > alerts and sounds > alerts and check the box 'display alerts when email is received'

i dunno if that's the problem
i have a similar problem but rather the opposite
the email icon (just above the contact list) that displays the amount of unread emails i currently have, doesn't seem to work anymore.
let's say the email icon displays (3) when i log on to indicate that i have 3 new messages (emails)
i go to click and open the emails but the email icon with the (3) next to it remains the same.
even after i've deleted the emails.
and if i log on with no new emails, i have to regularly check myself to see if i have received any new emails, and that can get annoying.
especially when it's important.

this happens on both of my computers.

Checked that box three times, and even unticked it and ticked it again D=

The first time i noticed it was when i upgrading to the newest beta version of Netvibes where i have a Hotmail module, could that have something to do with it?
RE: No new emails? by Chris4 on 01-25-2008 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YST
Uninstall Messenger Plus! Live (from Add/Remove Programs) and see if you still have the problem.
RE: No new emails? by ahmetgns on 01-27-2008 at 02:52 PM

@ The Alpha Gamer, if your status is Busy, alerts and sounds of Messenger is disabled. Make sure it is not Busy. If not, then try  uninstalling that Netvibes thing or disable its hotmail module etc.

@YST, do you have Windows Live Mail program installed on your both computers? If yes, then does your Messenger's e-mail buttons/links open that program or open Hotmail in a web browser? Because I am guessing your problem is caused by Windows Live Mail.

RE: RE: No new emails? by YST on 01-27-2008 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
@YST, do you have Windows Live Mail program installed on your both computers? If yes, then does your Messenger's e-mail buttons/links open that program or open Hotmail in a web browser? Because I am guessing your problem is caused by Windows Live Mail.

Yep, both computers have the exact same version of LIVE! and Plus.
It wasn't always like this. Its only just happened about a week ago. Or roughly that.
But i have discovered it's not just happening to me; couple of my friends have the same problem.
RE: No new emails? by Sylvanis on 01-28-2008 at 06:44 AM

I had the same issue as YST.  The mail icon would not update and there weren't any notifications when I received new mail.

Uninstalling and then reinstalling Messenger Plus! Live fixed the problem.

RE: RE: No new emails? by YST on 01-28-2008 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sylvanis
I had the same issue as YST.  The mail icon would not update and there weren't any notifications when I received new mail.

Uninstalling and then reinstalling Messenger Plus! Live fixed the problem.

wow! it works now! thank you so much!! :D
RE: No new emails? by YST on 01-29-2008 at 04:29 AM

ok i think i have spoke too soon :(
after switching on my computers the next day, the problem came back. And this time repairing or uninstalling no longer fixes it
sigh

RE: No new emails? by ahmetgns on 01-29-2008 at 10:34 PM

I have the same problem. My mail button's e-mail count doesn't update and I don't get notifications for new email. I think that is server related and I tried without Plus! as well and the problem is still there. I never believed it is caused by Plus! anyway. I sent an email to my test account and I will update this post if I have the same problem with that too.

Edit: I had the same problem with my test account.

RE: No new emails? by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 01-30-2008 at 09:16 PM

Mines doing the opposite. It updates and i get the notifications i have a new e-mail but when i go onto my hotmail account it says i have no new e-mails. Ive checked every folder i have and theres nothing there. Yet msn insists i have new e-mails.

RE: No new emails? by freak544 on 01-30-2008 at 11:07 PM

By ant chance are you using WLM 9.0?

It happens to one of my mates and he has WLM 9.0 seems to be a problem and I am sure they will sort it as its still in beta

RE: No new emails? by scoobydoo123 on 01-30-2008 at 11:14 PM

yes i am having same problem not recieving emails until i log out and back in also read deleted mail still shows that i have mail in msn,their must be a fix to this.....

i am using ver 8.5.1302.1018
RE: No new emails? by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 01-30-2008 at 11:42 PM

Im using 8.5 as well

RE: No new emails? by scoobydoo123 on 01-30-2008 at 11:55 PM

is it happening to you also its ony started over the last 2 weeks for me.

ok i removed msn plus i have no scipts or skins installed and it still does it/email and sometimes delayed chat by upto 30 mins.i have removed and reinstalled msn also makes no diff,maybe prob with server... i dont know any help on this would be welcome.
RE: No new emails? by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 01-31-2008 at 10:32 PM

yeh and the last week its happend to me. Plus half the time the tabs on the side dont load on my msn and it takes ages to sign in. I think the server is having issues. just gotta wait it out

RE: No new emails? by Apatik on 01-31-2008 at 11:32 PM

For what it's worth, someone on some french forum solved this problem by removing his Live ID from his XBox Live GamerTag...

RE: No new emails? by ahmetgns on 02-01-2008 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
For what it's worth, someone on some french forum solved this problem by removing his Live ID from his XBox Live GamerTag...
And I solved it by unlinking my WL ID from other IDs. However I still cannot be sure if this was the problem because I think I had the problem again with my account afterwards.
RE: No new emails? by RebelSean on 02-01-2008 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
And I solved it by unlinking my WL ID from other IDs. However I still cannot be sure if this was the problem because I think I had the problem again with my account afterwards.

Personally I have all of my passport accounts linked to my private account, and my e-mail count is right. The team has updated the beta testers about this problem, but cannot discuss that here :p.