Shoutbox

searching for a plugin for messenger plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: searching for a plugin for messenger plus (/showthread.php?tid=81180)

searching for a plugin for messenger plus by peachy on 01-24-2008 at 07:59 PM

hey guys,

i really need your help. im sitting for two hours on this computer searching for a plug in that i had on the messenger 7.5 some years ago. i do not find it! please help. its a plugin for the messenger plus that allerts you everytime someone opens your window or when someone closes your window.
im really thankfull if somebody would help me.
thank yaaa

RE: searching for a plugin for messenger plus by Zahid™ on 01-24-2008 at 08:05 PM

their not reliable anymore but you can use this:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64418

RE: searching for a plugin for messenger plus by peachy on 01-24-2008 at 08:09 PM

okay thank yoouuu! :D
i will try this one... otherwise if i want to have it i need to install the old messenger 7.5 is it right?

RE: searching for a plugin for messenger plus by ahmetgns on 01-24-2008 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by peachy
otherwise if i want to have it i need to install the old messenger 7.5 is it right?
I don't think. The servers changed so even if you install the old version, you cannot get very reliable notifications, at least for the people who use Windows Live Messenger. Correct me if I am wrong.
RE: searching for a plugin for messenger plus by peachy on 01-24-2008 at 11:15 PM

aaaaaa haha
i tried to install the old version it doesnt work... i think you have to be right then :D haha

RE: searching for a plugin for messenger plus by ahmetgns on 01-24-2008 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by peachy
i tried to install the old version it doesnt work
Microsoft prevents people to sign in on 7.5 and 8.0 versions due to a security risk with webcam invitations on them. You have to use either a MSN Messenger 7.0 (you can find this in Microsoft's download site) or WLM 8.1, 8.5. This limitation has nothing to do with the change I mentioned in my previoust post.

However if you change the version number of 7.5 with a Resource Hacker as 8.5, then you can sign in. However, I recommend you not to work hard on such things. Always use latest versions and forget about old ones. That is the way I prefer.