Shoutbox

Instant message to group hangs the messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Instant message to group hangs the messenger (/showthread.php?tid=81194)

Instant message to group hangs the messenger by rciafardone on 01-25-2008 at 01:50 PM

Hello.

I have a rare situation: for the last couple of weeks some of my friends are saying that everytime i send an instance message to a group, their messenger stops responding completely. They have to eather kill the process or reset the machine to be able to reconect.

Any ideas about what is going on?

RE: Instant message to group hangs the messenger by Spunky on 01-25-2008 at 02:34 PM

It shouldn't affec there computer no matter how many people you send it to... They get it like an normal message. What are you using to do this? A script or and old version of Plus!? Or is it another add-on altogether?

RE: Instant message to group hangs the messenger by Volv on 01-25-2008 at 03:19 PM

I would be pretty proud of myself if I could do that lol

But either way:
Are you just sending normal messages or something like handwriting/nudges/custom-emoticons/winks/etc.?
Are you sure that you are the cause of this problem, and not either of your friends? Does it happen to group conversations with any contacts, or only with a specific one(s) present?
Which version of Messenger are you using and as SpunkyLoveMuff asked, are you using any scripts or plugins which could be causing this type of behaviour?