Shoutbox

Actual problem with uninstalling sponsorware - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Actual problem with uninstalling sponsorware (/showthread.php?tid=81222)

Actual problem with uninstalling sponsorware by ravell on 01-26-2008 at 08:23 AM

Dear peeps,

I installed the sponsor program, but it was driving me mad so I decided to uninstall it after only a couple of hours. I followed the instructions on the website. I uninstalled the sponsor program from the Add/remove programs list. That didn't remove the advertising so I uninstalled the entire Plus! entity. The ad windows kept showing up.
I have run Norton, Ad-Aware and HijackThis but none of them are able to locate (to my understanding) or fix the problem. What do I need to do?

Maybe I'm blaming the sponsor program for another program's crime. The actions consist of browser windows popping up every ten minutes with an item of advertisement in them, no? Is this what Plus!'s adware does?

RE: Actual problem with uninstalling sponsorware by ahmetgns on 01-26-2008 at 08:59 AM

How to remove Adware/sponsor?

quote:
Originally posted by ravell
Is this what Plus!'s adware does?
Yes, but some other programs can do the same thing. Yet, I think, Plus!'s sponsor does it in your computer. Follow the instructions in the thread above.
RE: Actual problem with uninstalling sponsorware by zach on 01-26-2008 at 09:07 AM

It sounds like they have done what the thread says to do. Try reinstalling and removing again maybe? Can anti-spyware interfere with the un/installation of the sponsor?

RE: Actual problem with uninstalling sponsorware by Patchou on 01-26-2008 at 04:41 PM

AV programs can definitively be a lot of pain sometimes. I suggest you disable Norton and Ad-Aware, reinstall Plus! with the sponsor program, and uninstall again, it will fix any kind of problem caused by your AV.