Shoutbox

[Update] Deep Blue v1.02 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Update] Deep Blue v1.02 (/showthread.php?tid=81231)

[Update] Deep Blue v1.02 by Volv on 01-26-2008 at 04:36 PM

Deep Blue v1.02

A stylish new design --
Recognized as the March 2008 Design Evolved 'Skin of the Month', Deep Blue provides revolutionary new features for your Windows Live Messenger from the unique optional ability to move the dashboard to the bottom of the contact list to the sleek new conversation window design.
Deep Blue is sure to forever change your Messenger experience.

Compatibility: Windows Live Messener 8.5 ONLY

Download: http://msgpluslive.net/skins/view/42-Deep-Blue/

Screenshot:
[Image: screenshot.png]

Download:
  http://msgpluslive.net/skins/view/42-Deep-Blue/

Enjoy!
Volv

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by -dt- on 01-26-2008 at 04:55 PM

highly sexy skin good job :P

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Patchou on 01-26-2008 at 04:56 PM

very cool! congrats on the work!

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 01-26-2008 at 05:01 PM

Oh, and note that it's the first skin to actually add display pictures in the contact list :D

Thanks for the compliments :)

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by prashker on 01-26-2008 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Oh, and note that it's the first skin to actually add display pictures in the contact list :D

;o (y)
RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by vaccination on 01-26-2008 at 05:05 PM

It's very nice, but I don't like the conversation window. Rest of it is awesome though.

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Jimbo on 01-26-2008 at 05:12 PM

Wont download for me
EDIt: Got it now and i love it:D

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by lizard.boy on 01-26-2008 at 05:51 PM

Is it just me or is the skin missing the button to show the menus in the conversation window when the menu bar is hidden?
(press alt to access the menu, no biggie)

Either way, awesome skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Spunky on 01-26-2008 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
Is it just me or is the skin missing the button to show the menus in the conversation window when the menu bar is hidden?
(press alt to access the menu, no biggie)

Either way, awesome skin.

It's in the top right ^o)

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by lizard.boy on 01-26-2008 at 07:35 PM

Oops, I completely forgot that it's on the standard toolbar now, which  have hidden.

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by banky on 01-26-2008 at 07:45 PM

quote:

Thanks for the compliments :)

Willz ev0, skin has Display Picture's in the contact list o.0.....And I could be wrong but his skin was released before this skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Andylongi on 01-26-2008 at 08:01 PM

I like the skin but the display pic is to large (i tried it in all 3 versions) but it is always the same :-(

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Lou on 01-26-2008 at 08:05 PM

Would it be possible for you to make an even smaller version of the display pictures? Just mini thumbnails? The big ones make my head spin :P

Also, I don't think just adding a sign for the status works for me, could you add an option to let me keep the little buddies? I would prefer that.

All in all, great job :)

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by duck! on 01-26-2008 at 08:18 PM

Contact list and sign-in window look awesome, but improve the Conversation window, it does no look right imo
(y)

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by NanaFreak on 01-27-2008 at 03:12 AM

hott!

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 01-27-2008 at 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by banky
Willz ev0, skin has Display Picture's in the contact list o.0.....And I could be wrong but his skin was released before this skin.
It didn't last time I checked it.
RE: RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Willz on 01-27-2008 at 07:30 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by banky
It didn't last time I checked it.

I added it in version 3.1.6 which i released on december 28 :P And it was also done in Vista Live Messenger which I made with Stianu89 last year as well.

Zero-G also contains it

Sorry to burst the bubble, not that it really matters or anything :P

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by ShawnZ on 01-27-2008 at 11:23 AM

who's that guy with the awesome aphex twin DP in your contact list

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 01-27-2008 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
who's that guy with the awesome aphex twin DP in your contact list
Definitely another shawnz :p
RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by stuartbennett on 01-28-2008 at 06:08 AM

volv i would love to know how you got your skin options layed out so nicely mine is just one long mess.

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Chris4 on 01-28-2008 at 06:28 AM

Hey Volv, fantastic skin, love it! :D

Lol @ me being at top of screenshot, my jumper goes with the skin lol.

You forgot one thing in the options, to remove the Phone Call button in contacts list! =o

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Berger on 01-28-2008 at 09:23 AM

Really nice skin :)

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by aNILEator on 01-28-2008 at 10:07 AM

HOT I'm in screenshot with mobile icon :P

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 01-28-2008 at 11:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
volv i would love to know how you got your skin options layed out so nicely mine is just one long mess.
I just used a custom options panel which is explained in the Skinning documentation under 'Custom Options Panels' in Specialized Subjects > Options for Advanced Users.

It requires you to create a Plus! Interface file (an example is provided in the docs or you can view the one which I made in the Options directory in my skin).

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
You forgot one thing in the options, to remove the Phone Call button in contacts list! =o
i was told about the Call button in the contact list, the reason this option wasn't included in the skin is that my WLM doesn't show that icon (perhaps because it's not available over here in Australia or something). I will add that option in a future release (perhaps I'll release a quick revision in the next couple of days).

quote:
Originally posted by rm rulz
/offtopic hey volv do u have a full sized picture of your dp in that screenie? /offtopic
I assume you're referring to the car display pic and not the 'Deep Blue' one :p
It's a Burnout (the game) wallpaper, you can find the original at http://www.funps3.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/...-PS3-wallpaper.jpg
RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Andylongi on 01-28-2008 at 02:20 PM

Could you pls add to the options to make the dp pics tiny i dont really like the big ones.
But its a nice skin! :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Lou on 01-29-2008 at 03:25 AM

Another thing; with stuffplug's timezone feature, I can't even see the timezone stuff because of the skin.

Also, you should release it in the skins database.

I've nominated you for skin of the month

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 01-29-2008 at 05:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Could you pls add to the options to make the dp pics tiny i dont really like the big ones.
Okay, since a few people have asked about it, I will include mini/tiny display pictures in the next version so stay tuned. I will post about any updates here...

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
Another thing; with stuffplug's timezone feature, I can't even see the timezone stuff because of the skin.
How are the timezone details meant to appear (could you include a screenshot), are they non-existent altogether on my skin or are they just the same colour as the background and hence not visible?
As far as I know I shouldn't have altered anything that would remove something like that altogether...

quote:
Also, you should release it in the skins database.
I emailed the skin submission at the same time as I created this thread, MenthiX said that he has received it but apparently he is busy at the moment so I'm not sure when it will be added :(

quote:
I've nominated you for skin of the month
Thanks a lot :D Glad to see people providing some recognition for my work :D
RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Lou on 01-29-2008 at 11:27 AM

quote:
How are the timezone details meant to appear (could you include a screenshot), are they non-existent altogether on my skin or are they just the same colour as the background and hence not visible?
As far as I know I shouldn't have altered anything that would remove something like that altogether...
Colour only
Without
[Image: hiddenye7.png]
With
[Image: showneb5.png]
This is in the conversation window, under the contact's display picture.
quote:
Thanks a lot:D
No problem, you deserve the recognition!
RE: RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 01-29-2008 at 12:02 PM

quote:
quote:
Colour only
Without
With
Hmm, that's odd. Seems to be more of a problem from StuffPlug's end though (it should notice that the background is very similar to the text colour).

EDIT:
I have just created an option to create a lighter background around that specific area so that the timezone is visible, after I have added/modified a few more things I will release an update.

Thanks
RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Lou on 01-30-2008 at 01:36 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Colour only
Without
With
Hmm, that's odd. Seems to be more of a problem from StuffPlug's end though (it should notice that the background is very similar to the text colour).

EDIT:
I have just created an option to create a lighter background around that specific area so that the timezone is visible, after I have added/modified a few more things I will release an update.

Thanks
Thank you very much. I'll keep an eye on this thread for new releases!
RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Chris4 on 02-01-2008 at 03:02 AM

* Chris4 waits for new release :)

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Baggins on 02-01-2008 at 03:05 AM

It matches my Blog :O :p

Definatly going to install :p

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Chris4 on 02-01-2008 at 03:21 AM

Oh, it has been updated :grin: v1.01 ...

http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/42-Deep-Blue/

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 02-01-2008 at 03:32 AM

UPDATE: Deep Blue v1.01
Deep Blue v1.01 is now available in the Skin Database at http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/42-Deep-Blue/

I have added/modified a few things as per user requests.

Changelog (v1.00 to v1.01):
- Added an additional display picture size (Tiny), which provides a smaller Display Pic thumbnail in the contact list.
- Added option to remove the 'Phone Call' button in the Contact List.
- Running 'Remove Ads.bat' in the skin's directory will add Advertisement removal options to the standard Options dialog. I felt that this was more appropriate than a .reg file as users can select which advertisement(s) they want to remove and can add them back easily (if desired).
- Slightly modified 'Display Picture size' name tags in the options dialog: Compact is now known as "Standard (Compact)".
- Improved compatibility with StuffPlug: If you use StuffPlug's timezone feature you can now enable the option to add a lighter background in the region where the timezone details appear for improved visibility with this skin.

Download Deep Blue

Enjoy!
Volv

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by raghav on 02-01-2008 at 08:24 AM

Very good skin , using it now.

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Lou on 02-01-2008 at 02:26 PM

Great job on the new feature. Can you still add the feature to remove the WLM buddies beside all the contact list items? Personally, I want to use both the display pictures AND the WLM buddies :P.

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 02-01-2008 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Great job on the new feature. Can you still add the feature to remove the WLM buddies beside all the contact list items? Personally, I want to use both the display pictures AND the WLM buddies :p.
I'll consider it lol...
RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by stuartbennett on 02-01-2008 at 06:57 PM

it looks ok however not my personal taste, its too dull for my taste, i'm just one of those people who like bright flashy all singing all dancing kinda skins, i guess that kinda shows in how i designed 365

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by vikke on 02-01-2008 at 07:50 PM

Is the ugly big black border visible on the actual skin or is it just the screenshots?
And it would be pretty good if you show in the preview how the skin looks like if the dashboard isn't moved to the bottom. Looks much better then. :)

The rest is just beautiful! ;)

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Chris4 on 02-02-2008 at 03:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
it looks ok however not my personal taste, its too dull for my taste, i'm just one of those people who like bright flashy all singing all dancing kinda skins, i guess that kinda shows in how i designed 365
It's not dull at all ...

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
Is the ugly big black border visible on the actual skin or is it just the screenshots?
Yes, the skin has a black border.

quote:
And it would be pretty good if you show in the preview how the skin looks like if the dashboard isn't moved to the bottom. Looks much better then.
Agreed.
RE: RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 02-02-2008 at 01:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
And it would be pretty good if you show in the preview how the skin looks like if the dashboard isn't moved to the bottom. Looks much better then.
Agreed.
I was demonstrating the skin as I want it to appear, but I suppose I could show it in the preview. I think I might also add colour variations in the preview just so that users are aware that it is still colourisable despite the name.
I'll save the preview modification until the next version release.

Thanks
RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Chris4 on 02-03-2008 at 03:17 PM

Bit weird having it at the bottom tbh :P

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 02-04-2008 at 10:21 AM

The word is "different" :p

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Eddie on 02-04-2008 at 11:45 AM

Looks like a very nice skin, shame i am using Windows Live Messenger 9 Beta though :( or i would definitely be using it, looks very nice, great job (y)

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Felu on 02-09-2008 at 11:43 AM

Its great... I downgraded to 8.5 for this skin!

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Duncank on 02-11-2008 at 04:08 PM

Maybe it's nice when you add a deep blue-styled msn pop-up.
(You know, that little thing that tells me who is signing in)
That should make this skin really perfect:D

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Matt-in on 02-11-2008 at 11:30 PM

Very Nice Skin :) Thanks A Lot.

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by John Anderton on 04-12-2008 at 07:38 AM

This skin is so awesome, I spent an hour searching for it after formatting :-D
It'd be a lot easier if the db allowed me to search for your nick :(
* John Anderton slaps MenthiX and dt around a bit with a large trout.

Volv, I love you :-) Awesomeness++;

EDIT:
[Image: Convo.png]
rofl at you saying you're cool :P
narcissistic, a bit? :P

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Cr1zZ on 04-15-2008 at 11:04 PM

Hi
first of all thx for the great skin

but i want to change it
a little bit^^

i post my situation here

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 09-15-2008 at 06:17 AM

Hi everyone,

I have submitted a minor update for Deep Blue to the skins database.
Changes in v1.02 are minor but include:
- Added 'Small (Compact)' display picture size option which is the same as the small display picture but uses a 1px border instead of the standard display pic border;
- Added a Skin Options button in the contact list;
- Added tooltips to options in Options Dialog;
- Miscellaneous minor coding-based adjustments;
- Screenshot update (for the skins database).

The primary reason for this update was admittedly the skinning contest, I do however have a major update I am still planning on completing and of course releasing whenever I have the time.

Download Deep Blue v1.02

Thank you and enjoy!
Volv

RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by Volv on 09-15-2008 at 06:20 AM

To moderators: Please note that I have double posted on purpose as this is not relevant to the previous post and would appreciate it if the two posts were not merged. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Cr1zZ
Hi
first of all thx for the great skin

but i want to change it
a little bit^^

i post my situation here
Hello Cr1zZ, sorry for the [very] late response but for some reason I never saw your message. I will try to work this out for you on the weekend and send you your own private build :)
RE: [RELEASE] Deep Blue by John Anderton on 09-15-2008 at 11:37 AM

oi! Update the first post newb!
gogogo

* John Anderton downloads the pure sexiness that is Deep Blue :x
Thanks Volv :)

RE: [Update] Deep Blue v1.02 by BüYüCü on 09-28-2008 at 10:40 PM

I'm gonna try it, thank you..