Shoutbox

DesignEvolved - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: DesignEvolved (/showthread.php?tid=81262)

DesignEvolved by ipab on 01-28-2008 at 12:38 AM

I realise that site rules say that I cannot advertise individual sites but I'm hoping this will be an exception.

Back in the day, skinners had a website where they can congregate, discuss their skins, collaborate on new ideas and so on.

This was called Shady's Skinning... which was subsequently renamed to Messenger-Skins.

This place was the meeting grounds for several skinners today. This is also happens to be one of the places that I first got introduced to skinning. Through this site I was introduced to Rolando, theunknown, Fizical and the likes, all of whom since then started their own websites. I too started my own website with someone known as TheDon and we named it Mad-Skinning which I eventually gave up since I didn't have time either.

Anyway, I have said all of this because until now, there has been a void to fill with regards to a community that is solely dedicated to customization and skinning exclusively, that is after messenger-skins' demise.

Willz, shayne and I have been working very hard for the last 3 months, on something that has been in the planning stages for the last year or so...

http://DesignEvolved.net is the outcome of this work,

I hope that it can fill the big gap left behind by messenger-skins, messengerlab and my very own mad-skinning.

and I hope to see many of you who post on here, over there :).

P.S. I promised Willz that I'd launch this on, or before his birthday, and well... It's still the 27'th here, so I'm keeping my promise.

Happy Birthday Willz, and to Cyril too ;).

RE: DesignEvolved by banky on 01-28-2008 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
I too started my own website with someone known as TheDon and we named it Mad-Skinning which I eventually gave up since I didn't have time either

Lol x.- Wow.. You would bring that name back -tear- lol MEMORIES! xD haha.. Great site..  and I'm glad to see you finally publicly opened it :D
RE: DesignEvolved by davidpolitis on 01-28-2008 at 12:56 AM

:O Finally :P

Anyway, looking good... although, there is a header error in the PHP and the captcha asked me if I wanted an azn :(

[Image: captchaphpyk9.png]

RE: DesignEvolved by Menthix on 01-28-2008 at 01:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis
Anyway, looking good... although, there is a header error in the PHP
... and the RSS link needs fixing :)

Nice, hope it will make the skinning community grow again.
RE: DesignEvolved by MeEtc on 01-28-2008 at 01:21 AM

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.mandicat/helix/helix/index.php:124) in /home/.mandicat/helix/helix/board/inc/functions.php on line 1216

RE: DesignEvolved by Nathan on 01-28-2008 at 01:25 AM

I like it, much better than the ones that willz showed me in first stages.

However I have some ideas that would make it, look nicer imo. If you want to hear them, PM me :)

RE: DesignEvolved by ipab on 01-28-2008 at 01:45 AM

yeah yeah, I'm working on it :P.... and menthix, thanks for the comment on the rss link :).

and I'm always open to suggestions ;P.

RE: DesignEvolved by NanaFreak on 01-28-2008 at 02:17 AM

code:
Error: Directory images/random/ doesn't seem to exist.

nice, well with what i have seen of it...

edit: 1000th post woot for me!
RE: DesignEvolved by Lou on 01-28-2008 at 03:10 AM

Great job on the site. There are still a few things you need to wrap up, but all in all, I like it. The pink is a bit bright though :P.

If you need help here and there, I'm not good at skinning, but I can always help a bit with the forums and what not. Don't feel obliged either though.

RE: DesignEvolved by warmth on 01-28-2008 at 03:51 AM

great news!!! (H)

btw why the menu buttons make the whole page blinking???

[OFFTOPIC]
Seems to be a month of releases :P and new stuffs... like my new PC... (Y)
[/OFFTOPIC]

RE: DesignEvolved by Willz on 01-28-2008 at 04:03 AM

Ok well I'm finally back, I will be uploading the long awaited 4th part of my skinning guide on designevolved shortly. For those interested they should come check it out.

RE: DesignEvolved by warmth on 01-28-2008 at 04:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
btw why the menu buttons make the whole page blinking???
:O my bad... was a problem with new pc video card driver...
RE: RE: DesignEvolved by Willz on 01-28-2008 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
Great job on the site. There are still a few things you need to wrap up, but all in all, I like it. The pink is a bit bright though :P.

If you need help here and there, I'm not good at skinning, but I can always help a bit with the forums and what not. Don't feel obliged either though.

Well the first thing we need is people to help with the news area and I suppose a few moderators for when me, ipab and shayne aren't around.

But yeah we'll only hand out these positions to people we know can be capable of handling it and people we can trust.

so whatever you wanna help out with just message myself, ipab or shayne and we'll go from there.
RE: DesignEvolved by Nagamasa on 01-29-2008 at 01:55 AM

I Nagamasad it. :P

Really nice website...just a little quiet. (Look at the suggestion I posted down there!)

Oh, and I can help with modding the forums.

RE: DesignEvolved by Shayne on 01-29-2008 at 04:31 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions guys keep them rolling.

RE: DesignEvolved by Nathan on 01-29-2008 at 07:04 PM

I can be a mod, i have spare time at night (11pm) and I think willz can trust me :)

RE: RE: DesignEvolved by Willz on 02-01-2008 at 09:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
I can be a mod, i have spare time at night (11pm) and I think willz can trust me

pft. me ftw lol

Theres only one way to settle this

BATTLE ROYALE! :P

At any rate once things get a bit more busier then I'll appoint another mod. Things are pretty smooth at the moment, the only thing we would need would a good and reliable news scout.
RE: DesignEvolved by mattumanutd on 02-03-2008 at 08:35 PM

DESIGN EVOLVED FTWW!!! i love the site alot espicially the skin <3 xD good job lads :P