Shoutbox

Change dashboard string colours - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Change dashboard string colours (/showthread.php?tid=81290)

Change dashboard string colours by ryxdp on 01-29-2008 at 09:14 AM

Can you change the nick, status and psm colours? My skin doesn't look very good with the white nick, as the background also is white.

Thanks in advance :P

RE: Change dashboard string colours by aNILEator on 01-29-2008 at 10:01 AM

Yes this has been discussed before

I believe I have an example in Beaver and Steve skin you can do it either in styles or definitions but personally I think it belongs in styles. You have to change or add the foreground value I think I definitely did it in Beaver and Steve, see what you can find in the contact list style

Or search some more look at other skin source codes etc, it's definitely here somewhere

RE: Change dashboard string colours by Phillip on 01-29-2008 at 10:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Font colors are defined in UIFILEs. I suggest you to look up the element of the nickname/status/PSM in UIFILE 923 and then check out the style UIFILE for 923. You should be able to find the style definition for the element there, and there you can add/change the color attribute. ;)

Aah... it's great when you have skinned Messenger before! :)

EDIT: Weeeeee 1000th post!!!11!!1!one!11!eleven! :D Shall I waist another tid on it? :P

Basically do what he has said. You name will be in UIfile 923 under "idFriendlyName". Change "foreground:" to "rcclr(20014);" That should give you a black name. I'm assuming you know how to do the rest already.
Just use whatever colour code you want.
RE: Change dashboard string colours by ryxdp on 01-29-2008 at 09:36 PM

Thanks, it worked :)