Shoutbox

Pokemon skin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Forum: Skin Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: Pokemon skin (/showthread.php?tid=81314)

Pokemon skin by Greggroy on 01-30-2008 at 04:32 AM

[font=Courier][size=2][color=green] A pokemon skin would be awesome, so what if i'm 15 years old, pokemon still rocks!

RE: Pokemon skin by freak544 on 01-30-2008 at 12:22 PM

:| Try having ago at making it yourself :|

RE: Pokemon skin by Basilis on 01-30-2008 at 04:46 PM

At least you could attach some pictures. Don't expect us to find one since I believe no one in this forum watches Pokemon anymore. Then, someone may try to make it for you.

RE: Pokemon skin by Greggroy on 01-30-2008 at 05:58 PM

I would make my own, but I am not very god at computers
Here is just an example

RE: Pokemon skin by Jimbo on 01-30-2008 at 06:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
At least you could attach some pictures. Don't expect us to find one since I believe no one in this forum watches Pokemon anymore. Then, someone may try to make it for you.
Pokemon owns! lol i dont watch it anymore but its still really cool!
RE: Pokemon skin by freak544 on 01-30-2008 at 06:07 PM

Just read the skinning documentation and look at the tutorials on this forum and you will be able to make a skin

If you get stuck just post a thread asking for help

RE: Pokemon skin by Greggroy on 01-30-2008 at 06:57 PM

I have read it about 3 times, and I'm just not really catching on, I am a noob at computers.

RE: Pokemon skin by freak544 on 01-30-2008 at 07:02 PM

You can also look at willz skinning guide as that may alsp help you make a skin or look at someone elses skin code but do not copy it

RE: Pokemon skin by Greggroy on 01-30-2008 at 07:58 PM

Honestly, I'm really lazy and hate reading lol :)
Im sure if I read over Willz guide I would get it, but there are so many pages ahhHH! lol

RE: Pokemon skin by Patchou on 01-30-2008 at 08:37 PM

haha... I would use such a skin for sure :)

RE: Pokemon skin by Spunky on 01-30-2008 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
haha... I would use such a skin for sure :)

* Spunky waits for people to change mind...

The game is cool upto (and including) Crystal. Some after that were ok. It's been taken too far ¬_¬
RE: Pokemon skin by tony on 01-30-2008 at 09:05 PM

Crystal is the best by far :p

RE: Pokemon skin by emonslayer on 02-10-2008 at 09:26 AM

im a pokemon fan myself, i dont really watch the cartoons anymore though, personally though i think building a skin for this will be difficult depending on how your planning on doing it, i see 2 possible ways.

in original poemon back in the beginning there was 150 pokemon i think they may have expanded now as the show has gone on so one way is to do a seperate theme for every single pokemon, sorta similar to how djdannyp did his sexy skin but thats 150+ themes thus 150+ images and 150+ resgroups in the skininfo file thats the difficult method

alternatively you can go the trading card games route, in which there was about 7 colour coded categories of pokemon so you only need 7 themes and in each themes you do graphics to try and show off as many pokemon from that category as possible.

now if your happy with this trading card based version which is tones easier i might even give it a go myself to see what can be done, ive been looking for a new skinning challenge this just might be it.

EDIT:

ok heres the 7 categories im aware of

Colourless:
[Image: Colorless.gif]

Electric:
[Image: Electric.gif]

Fighting:
[Image: Fighting.gif]

Fire:
[Image: Fire.gif]

Grass:
[Image: Grass.gif]

Psychic:
[Image: Psychic.gif]

Water:
[Image: Water.gif]

let me know if this categorised method is ok.

RE: Pokemon skin by Basilis on 02-10-2008 at 12:19 PM

It can easily be done by adding restrictions but the size of the skin will be big and it cannot include many pokemons

RE: Pokemon skin by vaccination on 02-10-2008 at 12:55 PM

Why not make just one theme based around the 3 (original)starting pokemon?

RE: Pokemon skin by Basilis on 02-10-2008 at 01:00 PM

Good idea. I suggest that Ash Ketcham is included also.

RE: Pokemon skin by emonslayer on 02-10-2008 at 01:45 PM

ok i can certainly look into that for you all.

RE: Pokemon skin by Chrono on 02-10-2008 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by emonslayer
im a pokemon fan myself, i dont really watch the cartoons anymore though, personally though i think building a skin for this will be difficult depending on how your planning on doing it, i see 2 possible ways.

in original poemon back in the beginning there was 150 pokemon i think they may have expanded now as the show has gone on so one way is to do a seperate theme for every single pokemon, sorta similar to how djdannyp did his sexy skin but thats 150+ themes thus 150+ images and 150+ resgroups in the skininfo file thats the difficult method

alternatively you can go the trading card games route, in which there was about 7 colour coded categories of pokemon so you only need 7 themes and in each themes you do graphics to try and show off as many pokemon from that category as possible.

now if your happy with this trading card based version which is tones easier i might even give it a go myself to see what can be done, ive been looking for a new skinning challenge this just might be it.

EDIT:

Foregot Darkness and Metal :P
RE: RE: Pokemon skin by zogo on 02-10-2008 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Pokemon owns! lol i dont watch it anymore but its still really cool!
my bro still watches it :P
RE: Pokemon skin by emonslayer on 02-10-2008 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by emonslayer

EDIT:

Foregot Darkness and Metal :P

i only know of the categories that were around when the trading cards first came out if there are more send me the images of the category cards and i can work with them to do those 2, if i use xnview like menthix suggested to me in another thread i can keep image size down even with loads of pokemon as long as i keep them as part of the bacground and not as seperate layers.
RE: Pokemon skin by Chrono on 02-10-2008 at 07:20 PM

http://www.poke-post.com/images/Emerald/88_Metal_Energy.jpg

and

http://www.poke-post.com/images/Ruby/93_Darkness_Energy.jpg

i used to play the tcg too when it came out, i played up to the rocket set, then i stopped :P. It's changed quite a lot since then, by including these weird cards and rules 8-)