Shoutbox

(!VER) Command - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: (!VER) Command (/showthread.php?tid=81319)

(!VER) Command by Zoidy on 01-30-2008 at 06:27 AM

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but I'm interested to see if anyone else has noticed this error in it. I have no idea if this is a bug or not so I decided to post it here instead.

Anyway when I use the (!VER) command this is the results:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.0.312
Music Now Playing 1.3.4

thats all very good and fine but I'm not using Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018 at all but build 8.5.1302.1018. Simply the problem that it does not show up the correct version and I have noticed this with many version of Windows Live and the last couple of versions of Messenger Plus! Live. Anyone else noticed this? any fix for it or that? Its nothing drastic or very important but just a little thing thats been bugging me for ages now lol

RE: (!VER) Command by NanaFreak on 01-30-2008 at 06:29 AM

those versions are the exact same thing.

RE: (!VER) Command by Zoidy on 01-30-2008 at 07:16 AM

same versions yes but different builds and its been saying that since 8.0 and 8.1

RE: (!VER) Command by markee on 01-31-2008 at 12:28 PM

What "build" number are you on about?  The (!VER) tag just ignores the 3rd value, but the main information of the major and minor build numbers as well as the over all build number (well that is what i assume it is, though it might refer to a date, i would have to look at other versions).

I can assure you that the only ones to stay the same sinve 8.0 and 8.1 would be your XP version annd the scripts possibly (but they weren't included in any tags back then).

If I have missed you point can you please make it easier to understand.