Shoutbox

Tattoo's - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Tattoo's (/showthread.php?tid=81322)

Tattoo's by Justin on 01-30-2008 at 02:45 PM

Hi, im just wondering what you think of tattoo's. Yes or no? And reason why chose your answer. If you have a tattoo(s) post a picture.
I have two tattoo's can be found here

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=18...PhotoId=2596730748

and here

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&M...PhotoId=5868277820

Edit: While your on my bebo add me :P

RE: Tattoo's by Volv on 01-30-2008 at 02:54 PM

I think they're pointless.

RE: Tattoo's by Phillip on 01-30-2008 at 02:56 PM

I decided I wanted a tattoo but haven't found one I would like.

My mate just got a tattoo of his car doing a burnout tattooed over where his heart is.

Edit:

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Why is that..? If you get a tattoo that actually means something then I don't think its pointless.

RE: Tattoo's by Basilis on 01-30-2008 at 03:28 PM

Tatoos are something that cannot be removed. So I would never do one. But I think that everyone is free to do one one if he wants to.   :D

RE: Tattoo's by Jimbo on 01-30-2008 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Tatoos are something that cannot be removed. So I would never do one. But I think that everyone is free to do one one if he wants to.   :D
They can be removed -.-
RE: Tattoo's by Basilis on 01-30-2008 at 03:32 PM

Really? How? I thought that once they are done, they stay on the body.

RE: Tattoo's by Jimbo on 01-30-2008 at 03:34 PM

With lasers and what not
http://www.howstuffworks.com/tattoo-removal.htm

RE: Tattoo's by freak544 on 01-30-2008 at 03:35 PM

if you don't like that tattoo and find a good tattoist you can get it covered up with another tattoo (thats if the first one is a plain one and has slightly faded)

RE: Tattoo's by Volv on 01-30-2008 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
With lasers and what not
And great pain.
RE: Tattoo's by saralk on 01-30-2008 at 03:41 PM

I really want a tattoo, i'm probably going to get it pretty soon. I'm thinking about an empty speech bubble on my wrist.

RE: RE: Tattoo's by Volv on 01-30-2008 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:
Why is that..? If you get a tattoo that actually means something then I don't think its pointless.

What purpose do they serve?
RE: Tattoo's by Vimto on 01-30-2008 at 03:59 PM

I got one just before new years :D
I love it.
I got it on my lower back cause when I'm older its not a place people are going to be able to see so I'm not worried about that.
Also looks nice with a bikini.

[Image: tattooos2.th.jpg]

RE: Tattoo's by blackjack on 01-30-2008 at 04:00 PM

I dont like tattoos :P
not over my body of course, haha :P

And i share Volv's opinion, those are pointless

RE: Tattoo's by aNILEator on 01-30-2008 at 06:25 PM

Why and how have these 16 year olds got tatoo's ffs it's illegal for the tatooist to do them

RE: Tattoo's by joey on 01-30-2008 at 06:44 PM

i have a smiley face on my wrist, a japaese like swirly design on my inside arm, and im getting wings on my back soon, wehn i can afford, so yeah i think tattoo's are ok :P

RE: Tattoo's by aNILEator on 01-30-2008 at 07:07 PM

yeah i have no problem with them, i just have problems with peoples choices, for instance why the fuck get your name tattooed on your arm justin, think you might forget it?

RE: Tattoo's by WDZ on 01-30-2008 at 07:10 PM

quote:
What purpose do they serve?
Well, they can serve as distinguishing marks and help the police identify you, which may not be a good thing (unless you're dead)... :p

Other than that, I think they're pointless, just like other forms of body modification. (n)
RE: Tattoo's by joey on 01-30-2008 at 07:10 PM

i dont get tattoo's just caws i want it, i think about it for a good few months to make sure i dont just say, "oh im glad i didnt get that done, i wouldnt want that :P"

but one of my friends has had wings and they look absolutely fucking amazing. really good tattooist did it and he did mine too. sound guy =p

apart from the smiley face, that was to spite my parents. and stfu if you going to say well that was dumb, it wasnt, i still like it :P

RE: Tattoo's by SikStyles on 01-30-2008 at 08:23 PM

I like tattoo's. I think they are friggin' awesome. I am definitelly getting one or more in the future. Currently I have no money for it and don't know what to get either. Either way I am in no hurry with it.

It depends how you look at it. From one angle they can seem pointless because there is nothing you can do with it. From another angle though. It just feels good to carry someone's art on your body. May be even your own art.

RE: RE: Tattoo's by Justin on 01-30-2008 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
yeah i have no problem with them, i just have problems with peoples choices, for instance why the fuck get your name tattooed on your arm justin, think you might forget it?

Lol, my mates say that. But i like it, im not going to get something i dont like am i? I had it when i was 14, i dont regret having it at all.
RE: Tattoo's by SikStyles on 01-30-2008 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible
quote:

Lol, my mates say that. But i like it, im not going to get something i dont like am i? I had it when i was 14, i dont regret having it at all.

How the hell do you get tattoo'ed when you're underage?

EDIT: And besides. Getting a tattoo that early isn't smart. During those teenage years your body grows the most, thus stretching the skin and the tattoo. It will look like crap in 10 years.
RE: RE: Tattoo's by Justin on 01-30-2008 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
quote:
quote:

How the hell do you get tattoo'ed when you're underage?

I look a lot older than i actually am, i was as big as most adults at that age.
RE: Tattoo's by aNILEator on 01-30-2008 at 09:43 PM

Regardless it's fucking stupid how on earth did you get through school with it, most schools have a no tattoo policy SINCE IT'S ILLEGAL anyway

RE: RE: Tattoo's by Justin on 01-30-2008 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Regardless it's fucking stupid how on earth did you get through school with it, most schools have a no tattoo policy SINCE IT'S ILLEGAL anyway

The school did not really care, I could have had DICK written across my forehead, and yes it is illegal but i think its up to the person if they want one or not, as long as they dont want something rediculous at 14/15/16, who can complain?
RE: Tattoo's by Tasha on 01-30-2008 at 10:02 PM

quote:
quote:

The school did not really care, I could have had DICK written across my forehead, and yes it is illegal but i think its up to the person if they want one or not, as long as they dont want something rediculous at 14/15/16, who can complain?

Yes, murder is illegal, but it's up to the person if they want to do it or not.

Anyway, I don't really like tattoo's. I kinda think small ones are okay, but when people get full blown pieces of artwork everywhere, that's ridiculous imo. Still, so long as you're doing it legally, each to his own I suppose. I always wonder what people will feel about their tattoo when they're like 80 and it looks all wrinkled and weird.:P
RE: Tattoo's by matty on 01-30-2008 at 11:25 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=885217]

The design is just the design, the bottom is my grandfathers name in italian and the day he passed.

RE: Tattoo's by aNILEator on 01-31-2008 at 12:59 AM

looks very similar font to PEPSI and like the tattooist missed out the s

RE: Tattoo's by Voldemort on 01-31-2008 at 01:11 AM

quote:
looks very similar font to PEPSI and like the tattooist missed out the s
ooo you've got such a great tact for telling stuffff
RE: Tattoo's by MC Inferno on 01-31-2008 at 05:07 AM

My girls gettin mine paid for St. Val's day :D

Before you ask, no, I'm not getting her name :P

I'll post it when it's done (H)

RE: Tattoo's by saralk on 01-31-2008 at 11:46 AM

This girl i once got with at a club had her late grandfather's birthdate in roman numerals on her wrist, it looked pretty sweet.

RE: RE: Tattoo's by Vimto on 01-31-2008 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Why and how have these 16 year olds got tatoo's ffs it's illegal for the tatooist to do them

Why? Well i've always wanted one and I had the money so I got one. 8-)

How? I'm guessing the tatooist thought I looked 18.

(A) <3
RE: Tattoo's by Basilis on 01-31-2008 at 05:18 PM

He should have asked you for Id card. He just wanted to get the money. You wanted the tattoo so the job is done.

RE: Tattoo's by Aeryn on 01-31-2008 at 09:38 PM

I personally think that everyone is free to do whatever they want with their skin.

As for me, I don't have any tattoos and I have no definite plans of getting one either, although I'm not completely ruling out the possibility. As SikStyles said, it would be pretty cool to walk around with your own design on your skin. I'd probably want to create my tattoo pattern myself too.

Though, speaking of what's aesthetically pleasing, I think one should still have some sense of moderation with their tattoos. Most people get like one or two smaller tattoos somewhere, which doesn't look out of place. But some others get several huge ones, covering large parts of their body, and often, the tattoos also look significantly different from one another (and feature random and silly objects) - and imo that just doesn't look good.

This guy's tattoos look pretty awesome, though... :p

[Image: darth_maul1.jpg]

RE: Tattoo's by Menthix on 01-31-2008 at 10:30 PM

quote:
how on earth did you get through school with it, most schools have a no tattoo policy SINCE IT'S ILLEGAL anyway
I'm not a fan of tattoos on children either, but schools having a policy against it? Sounds a little extreme to me.
RE: Tattoo's by vaccination on 01-31-2008 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
her, but schools having a policy against it?
extreme? They are simply following the law?
RE: Tattoo's by freak544 on 02-01-2008 at 12:02 AM

Yeah but that's the same as saying they can't have fake tattoo's but I always used to see kids at school with fake ones (the transfer ones and also the ones that can stay on for like 6 weeks [might be 6 months] at a time and that never seemed a problem as there not illegal so it just depends what tatoos the children have)

RE: Tattoo's by John Anderton on 02-02-2008 at 07:46 AM

I have a "dtsux" tattoo :-o

RE: Tattoo's by marissa on 02-02-2008 at 07:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
I love it.
I got it on my lower back cause when I'm older its not a place people are going to be able to see so I'm not worried about that.

now your boyfriend has something to aim at ;x hahah that was inappropriate. but hahah i thought it was funny

i think if i ever got one it'd be small and something cool, not the swirly designs or the barb wire designs... they're too "everyone" but yeah... i used to want one really badly. i grew out of that. so im glad i didnt get one when i was younger. 

RE: Tattoo's by John Anderton on 02-02-2008 at 07:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Haz
This guy's tattoos look pretty awesome, though... :p

[Image: darth_maul1.jpg]
Its paint, isn't it? :P
Anyway, Darth Maul's face work in the movie is down right awesome! :)
RE: RE: Tattoo's by Vimto on 02-02-2008 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
I love it.

now your boyfriend has something to aim at ;x hahah that was inappropriate. 

rofl. not that inappropriate :tongue:
RE: RE: Tattoo's by Aeryn on 02-02-2008 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Its paint, isn't it? :P
Anyway, Darth Maul's face work in the movie is down right awesome! :)

Yes, in rl it is paint of course, but that's not the point! :p As far as Maul's character is concerned, those are tattoos. :p
RE: Tattoo's by Menthix on 02-02-2008 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Speeding is against the law too, but they don't ban you from school if you got a speeding ticket. Why? Because school is not the organization to punish you for it.
RE: Tattoo's by joey on 02-02-2008 at 11:03 PM

but the chances are, the fact that you have been speeding doesnt affect your school, unless its serious, thats why. whereas a tattoo-they want to have their reputation to be high and not to have students that look like they fell into a vat of hot plastic picture books and didnt get out in time. they threw me out for a month when i got my lip done. they wouldnt care if it wasnt for the inspectors. :P

RE: Tattoo's by vaccination on 02-02-2008 at 11:46 PM

quote:
quote:
Speeding is against the law too, but they don't ban you from school if you got a speeding ticket. Why? Because school is not the organization to punish you for it.
However they would ban you if you were speeding in school grounds.
RE: Tattoo's by azn angel on 02-06-2008 at 07:50 AM

I think I'd a tattoo if I found something nice, and I want an image, not a swirly design. But it would have to have deep meaning, not just something that looks leet.

EDIT: BATMAN!!!!!!!!

RE: Tattoo's by Basilis on 02-06-2008 at 01:21 PM

If for example you make one tatoo for your boyfriend and then you split up it wil be just a bad memory.

RE: Tattoo's by Menthix on 02-06-2008 at 06:51 PM

quote:
However they would ban you if you were speeding in school grounds.
But people don't get tattooed at school, do they?
RE: Tattoo's by vaccination on 02-06-2008 at 06:58 PM

quote:
But people don't get tattooed at school, do they?
=/

By allowing it in their schools it is the same as supporting the act, it's bad for the rep.