Shoutbox

Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... (/showthread.php?tid=81330)

Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by .Roy on 01-30-2008 at 08:01 PM

This is tremendously annoying.

My internet suddenly disconnects and reconnects. I use Belkin Wirless G Plus MIMO Router.

[Image: F5D9230-3.jpg]

and when my internet disconnects i can see that the globe light goes out.(left of the power on the right.)

Then after 1 minute of me being irratated it suddenly comes back.

might someone find me the solution for this. I would praise them till the end of time... well not that long but please.

RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by ipab on 01-30-2008 at 08:04 PM

How long has this happened? Have you tried plugging directly into your dsl/cable modem and see if this happens?

The other thing is, have you performed all firmware updates for your router?

RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by .Roy on 01-30-2008 at 08:11 PM

Well, this is a new router i bought and also im using a new modem. I think it happened ever since i used the new modem but im not 100% sure.

I have tried connecting directly to the modem but only for a short perioud of time and it didn't disconnect, but yet again it was for a short period of time. I have all the firmware updates for my router.

RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by ipab on 01-30-2008 at 08:28 PM

Test your regular internet connection first...

are you connected wirelessly with your router or wired?

RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by ShawnZ on 01-30-2008 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab

he said the globe light turns off, which i assume is the WAN light, meaning his modem is dying :p
RE: RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by .Roy on 01-30-2008 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by ipab

he said the globe light turns off, which i assume is the WAN light, meaning his modem is dying :p

It's not "dieing out" it just goes black and then it comes back later.

I'm connected directly to the router.
RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by freak544 on 01-30-2008 at 11:11 PM

That could be you router re-issuing your dynamic IP as when you connect to it you get given a dynamic IP and lets say once every 24 hours it will re-issue the IP's

How often does it happen??

You can change the settings on it

Or it could be your router dyeing

RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by Shippo on 01-31-2008 at 02:50 AM

Strange, I get a similar disconnect issue with my Linksys router, however my lights are fine.

If your on a DSL connection, then dynamic IP's do tend to cut off for a minute and come back. There isn't much you can do about that though... Although, if it happens frequent throughout the day, you might have to take it up with Tech Support with Belken about the matter. (like me having a chat with Linksys 3 times on my issue... still no luck)

RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by ShawnZ on 01-31-2008 at 02:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by freak544
That could be you router re-issuing your dynamic IP as when you connect to it you get given a dynamic IP and lets say once every 24 hours it will re-issue the IP's

you know that';s not how dynamic IPs work, right?
RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by freak544 on 01-31-2008 at 12:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by freak544

you know that';s not how dynamic IPs work, right?

Yeah I learnt about them in A level computing and was half asleep when I wrote that last night
RE: Router/internet discconecting and recconnecting all the time... by .Roy on 02-08-2008 at 09:59 AM

I think it happens more frequently when i have utorrent running...
the modem is not the problem its only router issues.