Shoutbox

see if you're on someone list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: see if you're on someone list (/showthread.php?tid=81344)

see if you're on someone list by namooth on 01-31-2008 at 02:38 PM

Hey all,
is it possible to know which people have me on their contact list and i don't have them?
im not talking about checking if someone deleted me from their list, i want to know if someone still have me on their list and i dont have him.
thanks

RE: see if you're on someone list by Thor on 01-31-2008 at 02:56 PM

Open up Windows Live Messenger, select Tools from the menubar, then Options. When the window is opened, choose the Privacy tab.

There's a window there which lists those.

It if also possible to right-click a contact, go down to the Messenger Plus! submenu and select "Contact information".

:)

RE: see if you're on someone list by namooth on 01-31-2008 at 05:28 PM

i dont think its what im looking for
over the years i've deleted many people and i want to know if im still on their list, is there a way to do that?

RE: see if you're on someone list by Volv on 01-31-2008 at 05:36 PM

I believe Nitro's first suggestion will do that for you (show you the Reverse List):

quote:
Originally posted by namooth
Open up Windows Live Messenger, select Tools from the menubar, then Options. When the window is opened, choose the Privacy tab.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=885374]
RE: see if you're on someone list by namooth on 01-31-2008 at 05:42 PM

oh, i see.
will it show me all the people im still on their list even though they are not on mine?

RE: see if you're on someone list by Volv on 01-31-2008 at 05:44 PM

quote:
oh, i see.
will it show me all the people im still on their list even though they are not on mine?
I believe so, there are people in that list which are no longer in my Contact List.
RE: see if you're on someone list by Yugatha on 02-01-2008 at 07:41 AM

yeah, that should work.

RE: see if you're on someone list by ahmetgns on 02-01-2008 at 11:35 AM

quote:
To check it from the window Nitro suggested, you must click on each contact and see if "Add to my list" is active. If it is active, then that means s/he is not in your list. However to right click everyone on that list is a bit hard.
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
It is also possible to right-click a contact, go down to the Messenger Plus! submenu and select "Contact information".
No, if he wants to see the contacts who he doesn't have but they have him, then he cannot find those contacts in his contact list to right click.

So I think the best solution is Contact List Clean-up window of Messenger Plus! Live 4.50. You must have that program installed because you posted this question in Messenger Plus! forums. Open Contact List Clean-up window, select "Show contacts who have you". Then click on "In list" title and make the contacts to be sorted with that criteria. so you can bring together all of contacts who  you don't have but they have you.