Shoutbox

- Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: (/showthread.php?tid=81408)

by nick180692 on 02-03-2008 at 01:47 PM

Hello,

I am prepared to pay £25 for a custom script. If you are interested, or are prepared to make this please reply to this thread, or drop me a PM. Further details regarding the script is below:

I want the script to do the following:

1) When i enter a command into the message are in msn (eg /alert) like the picture below:

[Image: tut1-1.jpg?t=1202046262]

2) After the command, on the same line, i want to enter a custom message (eg hello javascript alert), shown below:

[Image: tut2.jpg?t=1202046350]

3) Then once i click send (or press enter) the same message i wrote previously, is displayed as a JAVASCRIPT ALERT on the recipients pc. Shown Below:

[Image: tut3-1.jpg?t=1202046425]

Thanks,
Nick.
by Volv on 02-03-2008 at 01:49 PM

That would require the recipient to have the script installed as well.

PS: 25GBP is too much to offer for such a simple script which could probably be made in 5 minutes :p

by matty on 02-03-2008 at 01:50 PM

Not possible unless both participants have the script installed.

by nick180692 on 02-03-2008 at 01:53 PM

Hmm

I dont think its impossible?

Since i only want a Javascript Alert to be displayed.

Thats why i offer £25 :D

Or If no one can develop a script to do exactly as it describes.
I offer £15 for who ever can make the following script:

When i send a link, through msn, the recipient either hovers over the link, or clicks the link, then a javascript alert is prompted.

eg,

<A HREF="noplace" onMouseover="alert('Hey! I said not to try clicking this link!')"> Custom MessageA>

Where custom message, is the text i want to be alerted ;)

thanks,
Nick.

by vaccination on 02-03-2008 at 02:02 PM

WLM doesn't use html. Therefore using <a> tags wouldn't possible.

Secondly, it is impossible to make any sort of window come up on another users PC via script. Unless they also have the same script installed.

by nick180692 on 02-03-2008 at 02:12 PM

A developer has made a script that allows you to insert HTML in a message.

by ShawnZ on 02-03-2008 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick180692
A developer has made a script that allows you to insert HTML in a message.

i'm not aware of such a script, and even if it existed, it would only translate the html into Plus! formatting, since you can't use html in WLM messages.
by roflmao456 on 02-03-2008 at 06:21 PM

try this script :P

the contact needs to have the script in order to work just like matty said

and ... of course.. spam could happen

by nick180692 on 02-03-2008 at 10:31 PM

That works perfectly :D

But is there ANY wat at all, that i could do this without having the recipient to install the same script?

Thanks,
Nick

by effection on 02-03-2008 at 10:37 PM

well you could upload the message temporarily to a web sever and send the link to them which once opened displays the javascript alert, there is no way to force the message to pop up otherwise

by Voldemort on 02-03-2008 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick180692
But is there ANY wat at all, that i could do this without having the recipient to install the same script?

No, none, impossible.
by Th3rmal on 02-04-2008 at 06:34 AM

did u actually pay roflmao?
just wondering...

by Volv on 02-04-2008 at 08:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by effection
well you could upload the message temporarily to a web sever and send the link to them which once opened displays the javascript alert, there is no way to force the message to pop up otherwise
It still wouldnt work because there's no way to hyperlink a message to a URL
by markee on 02-04-2008 at 10:58 AM

Simply put, unlesssomeone installs a script, themselves, on THEIR computer, then there is no way possible for you to control it.  There is the occassional flaw in Microsoft's work, but these are usually fixed promptly and everyone is forced to upgrade.  This really should not have continued for so many posts.  When an experienced scripter says something, then take their word, that is why you are asking the question on this board after all.

by John Anderton on 02-04-2008 at 06:09 PM

I think there was a thread which said what's possible with scripting. I remember shawnz making an awesome post there.
People should read it before asking. If it (the thread) doesn't actually say that "if you want your commands to do something on your contact's PC, he/she needs to have the script too" then it should now! :P