Shoutbox

Bricked PSP - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Bricked PSP (/showthread.php?tid=81434)

Bricked PSP by Phillip on 02-04-2008 at 09:05 AM

After 2 hours of trying to install a custom firmware on my little brothers PSP Slim (and succeeding) he managed to brick it within 5 minutes. Now I used the pandoras battery trick before to install the firmware but I have already converted the battery back.

The firmware has a custom boot menu thing where you can edit settings and go into usb mode etc, as well as install the firmware again if you bricked it (or something like that). Now his PSP had 3.71 m33 or something similar on. What files should I be downloading to install the firmware again. I really don't know what I am doing and a guide or link would be helpful. I have googled, I just don't know what I am looking for and I know a few of you know a bit about PSPs.

RE: Bricked PSP by Nathan on 02-04-2008 at 10:30 AM

Google pandoras battery

RE: Bricked PSP by Phillip on 02-04-2008 at 10:32 AM

I know how to make another pandoras battery. I just cant be bothered doing it all over again. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to use the recovery console thing in the custom firmware.

RE: Bricked PSP by Eddie on 02-04-2008 at 11:33 AM

What custom firmware is it that you were trying to install? *-)

RE: Bricked PSP by aNILEator on 02-04-2008 at 12:37 PM

make a pandora again with UPMS or something which can flash it back and install M33 3.90 recovery menu is accessible by booting up and holding R

RE: Bricked PSP by roflmao456 on 02-04-2008 at 01:09 PM

if you could access the recovery menu, then it's a semi-brick :p
i always make a backup of the flash files before changing anything.

ask your bro what he did.

RE: Bricked PSP by Mentality on 02-04-2008 at 02:23 PM

http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=14678 - use this for 3.71 rename "UPDATE" to "RECOVERY", access usb via recovery menu and put it in "GAME", download the original 1.50 firmware, rename it to UPDATE.pbp and put it into the recovery folder then select "run program at PSP\GAME\RECOVERY" This will take you to 1.50

This will only work on 3.71 custom firmware. You'll need an original firmware 1.50 file to make it run, this isn't supplied in the file download.

If you go to www.dark-alex.org there is also despertar_cementerio, this will allow you to make a pandora still but it will take you straight to 3.80M33-5, you will have to download the other files neccasary to do so, but it will save you going all the way back to 1.50 and going through the whole process again. Obviously if you use this, the above is not applicable.

I hope this helps you, good luck ;)

RE: Bricked PSP by Phillip on 02-04-2008 at 08:35 PM

Thanks Mentality, works fine now.

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
ask your bro what he did.
He was trying to install custom themes and didn't back the original files up.

RE: Bricked PSP by roflmao456 on 02-04-2008 at 08:51 PM

i thought PSP Slim can't support the 1.50 kernel?

RE: Bricked PSP by vaccination on 02-04-2008 at 08:58 PM

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/03/psp-slim-gets-...sp-firmware-v1-50/

RE: Bricked PSP by aNILEator on 02-05-2008 at 04:59 AM

It's being worked on atm by Dark_Alex, Funny I remember everyone/ever site except pirates/not uber nazi forums/sites on iso discussion, hated DAX because of his zISO loader, now he pwnz away at firmwares enabling everything and truly hacking all barriers to pieces and improving and unlocking on Sony's own code.

The Timemachine project is for slims to get 1.50 and 2.70 kernels working, I assume the goal is to get X.XXM33+TM1.50 kernel so it's as capable at homebrew as the phat

RE: Bricked PSP by Mentality on 02-08-2008 at 05:41 PM

Yer that aint released yet though, so Im assuming he used Despertar del Cementerio, either way he fixed it so all is good.