Shoutbox

Scientology - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Scientology (/showthread.php?tid=81546)

Scientology by Phillip on 02-09-2008 at 08:06 PM

I've been reading alot of crap on the internet about Scientology in the last few days and have become interested :grin:

So what's your opinion on Scientology..? Do you consider them a cult, religion or something else..?

IMO they are a bunch of crazy bastards. Aliens..? Galactic Federations..? Humans evolved from clams..? I would really like to know what this guy was smoking. Now I base my drunken rants upon a few articles I've seen so someone please correct me if I am wrong :)

RE: Scientology by ShawnZ on 02-09-2008 at 08:14 PM

i'm going to a protest of the CoS tomorrow :p

RE: Scientology by Vimto on 02-09-2008 at 08:14 PM

somebody told me that if you bad mouth someone in teh scientology cult they hide in bushes and spy on you.. 8-)

RE: RE: Scientology by Phillip on 02-09-2008 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
i'm going to a protest of the CoS tomorrow :p
Protest starts in 9hrs here. I think I might attend.

Lots of flyers etc here to print out :P
quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
somebody told me that if you bad mouth someone in teh scientology cult they hide in bushes and spy on you.. 8-)
Smelly bastards :sad: Lucky there are none here :grin:
RE: Scientology by Chris4 on 02-09-2008 at 08:23 PM

Watch the videos on YouTube from Anonymous.

Weird stuff.

RE: Scientology by Jesus on 02-09-2008 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Smelly bastards (Smilie) Lucky there are none here (Smilie)
That's what you think...

they're everywhere:O:O:O
RE: Scientology by djdannyp on 02-09-2008 at 10:53 PM

South Park Episode 912 - Trapped In The Closet and South Park Episode 1001 - The Return Of Chef are all anyone needs to know about Scientology :P

RE: Scientology by aNILEator on 02-09-2008 at 11:40 PM

too busy to protest damn :( i have a V mask and everything

RE: Scientology by Rik on 02-10-2008 at 01:07 PM

I started reading about this Scientology thing seems like a bad cult =/
It's just a belief but if they really killed those persons and because of Operation Snow White and Operation Freakout I hope Anonymous stops this crap.

Also in Australia:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PzUFQXYUThU
http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,2...67-5014239,00.html
http://flickr.com/photos/failquail

RE: Scientology by Quantum on 02-10-2008 at 01:49 PM

So this is about people and sprits:S

Why a protest?

RE: Scientology by ShawnZ on 02-10-2008 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
So this is about people and sprits:S

Why a protest?

we're not protesting the religion, we're protesting the church. they extort and even kill their members and enemies.
RE: Scientology by Stigmata on 02-10-2008 at 09:36 PM

By all means, people should be allowed to follow whatever religion they wish to.

The problem is that corporation that is Scientology.

They have forced their female members to have abortions.
They have forced members to disconnected from their families and friends that are not part of the corporation.
They charge you for information.
They are against free speach
They have been known to be responsible for the death of their members.

If you choose to ignore this, they also believe that seventy-five million years ago, a alien called Xenu was the ruler of a Galactic Confederacy which consisted of 26 stars and 76 planets including Earth, which was then known as Teegeeack. The planets were overpopulated, each having an average population of 178 billion. The Galactic Confederacy's civilization was comparable to our own, with aliens "walking around in clothes which looked very remarkably like the clothes they wear this very minute" and using cars, trains and boats looking exactly the same as those "circa 1950, 1960" on Earth. Xenu was about to be deposed from power, so he devised a plot to eliminate the excess population from his dominions. With the assistance of "renegades", he defeated the populace and the "Loyal Officers", a force for good that was opposed to Xenu. Then, with the assistance of psychiatrists, he summoned billion of his citizens together to paralyze them with injections of alcohol and glycol, under the pretense that they were being called for "income tax inspections". The kidnapped populace was loaded into spacecraft for transport to the site of extermination, the planet of Teegeeack (Earth). The spacecraft were identical to the Douglas DC-8 with the exception of having different engines.

(Continued here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu#Summary )

Funny that a science fiction writer created a "religion" which revolves around a alien and spaceships etc... ?

Oh, and to finish off... a quote:

"The way to make a million dollars is to start a religion."

- L Ron Hubbard
(Creator of Scientology)

RE: Scientology by ShawnZ on 02-10-2008 at 10:13 PM

woo just got back from the protest

RE: Scientology by Stigmata on 02-11-2008 at 12:12 AM

quote:

pix?
RE: Scientology by Chris4 on 02-11-2008 at 04:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
South Park Episode 912 - Trapped In The Closet and South Park Episode 1001 - The Return Of Chef are all anyone needs to know about Scientology :P
Watched the first one. Funny :P

quote:
Video?! Pics?! Info!?

WOW: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mPVn3pRHI6c

RE: Scientology by ShawnZ on 02-11-2008 at 12:03 PM

[Image: 2255507983_e5b19d1dde_b.jpg]

i'm the one in the guy fawkes mask

RE: Scientology by Discrate on 02-11-2008 at 12:06 PM

Scientology is a cult, everything they say i think is bullshit. There all weird and insane.

by the way  is there a website for the group "Anonymous"? They must have a website to organize protects ect

RE: Scientology by MeEtc on 02-11-2008 at 12:20 PM

sure, its called Ebaums World

RE: Scientology by aNILEator on 02-11-2008 at 01:20 PM

there are a few websites on which they collate. various ones for different sectors and projects, and different forums/boards too. Most of it originates from a site called 4chan where users can post pictures and comments as an anonymous person. A fair few popular internet memes have grown from there. almost the complete opposite of Ted Stevens, a lot of it is like a big truck where people dump stuff on :P

Previous projects include:

• Various Habbo hotel harassment 'Pools Closed'
  • Sending Thousands and Thousands of letters to a feminist woman's son basically saying he shouldn't listen to his mum who is a bit of a bitch
  • Hacking Various Websites, releasing information about them, most recent being the scientology hack gaining their 'knowledge'
...aaaand some other stuff, mostly dicking around, prank calling The Tom Green Show etc

I'd say this is obviously the biggest project yet and been taken to the masses in real life, I hope something at least comes from it
RE: Scientology by Stigmata on 02-11-2008 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
sure, its called Ebaums World

ummm not really....

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
by the way  is there a website for the group "Anonymous"? They must have a website to organize protects ect

http://partyvan.info/index.php/Project_Chanology

that's your best bet for information on protests
RE: Scientology by MC Inferno on 02-20-2008 at 03:20 AM

Scientology is a reglion, some believe more of a cult in which of what they believe but more the way they do it. Then again, Jesus had 12 followers, back then, that could also be considered a cult if you look at it that way.

Now I'm an atheist but I won't go too much into it. Most religons believe your damned if you believe anything else, so I simply say this to religous people, "I only believe in one less religon that you do."

The bad shit that they do aside (forcing abortions, blah blah), I dont believe they are that wacky, but thats because I think all relgions are mad. Take Christianity (because thats how I was brought up) for example. People critise Scientology for what they think, but your saying its perfectly acceptable that this god thing one day created a world, controls everything, can do anything he wants and knows everything, the only way to make sure the shit don't hit the fan to worship him each day? It's not that diffrent when you really think about it.

As for them not beleving in free speech, there's not many relgions that do work other then autocracy. The founder, in my opinion, made it all up for lots of money and control. But again, I believe that most other religons done the same too.

As for Anon, I know little, except that they're going after Scientology next, and I've seen some shit on youtube which was taking the piss for a laugh.

---------------

Edit: Just seen this on mess, lol. Not bad, made me think, and pretty funny... similar to the same points I'm making.