Shoutbox

How do i access the multiple account facility ?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How do i access the multiple account facility ?? (/showthread.php?tid=81570)

How do i access the multiple account facility ?? by Comfortably_Numb on 02-10-2008 at 07:45 PM

Hi Folks.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this possibly very stupid question, but i have downloaded WLM plus & the Polygamy addon as i want to logon 2 different messenger accounts. I have enabled the multi account logon in the "preferences" on WLM. I log onto my main account ok but how do i access my 2nd account ????

Any advice appreciated:)

RE: How do i access the multiple account facility ?? by Quantum on 02-10-2008 at 08:13 PM

Go to your prefrences then go to the customize TAB. Under MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS check the box "allow me to connect to..."

Then apply :)

RE: How do i access the multiple account facility ?? by Comfortably_Numb on 02-10-2008 at 08:19 PM

Hi John .... Yep i've ticked that but still cant figure out how to access my 2nd account

RE: How do i access the multiple account facility ?? by Basilis on 02-10-2008 at 08:35 PM

You have to open again the Windows Live Messenger without closing the already open account and then just put the other account and sign in. That is it!

RE: RE: How do i access the multiple account facility ?? by Comfortably_Numb on 02-10-2008 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
You have to open again the Windows Live Messenger without closing the already open account and then just put the other account and sign in. That is it!

At the risk of sounding REALLY stupid ... i'm assuming this is done by double click or right click the messenger icon to do this .... but when i do i just get the messenger window thats already logged in :wall:
RE: How do i access the multiple account facility ?? by Quantum on 02-10-2008 at 09:03 PM

After you ticked the boxed and applied the settings try exiting messenger and reopening it. After its loaded click on another one.

RE: How do i access the multiple account facility ?? by Comfortably_Numb on 02-10-2008 at 09:08 PM

Tried that one John.... still no different ... even re-booted my PC

RE: How do i access the multiple account facility ?? by ahmetgns on 02-10-2008 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Comfortably_Numb
but i have downloaded WLM plus & the Polygamy addon as i want to logon 2 different messenger accounts.
Something like "WLM plus" doesn't exist. WLM is the Microsoft's Messenger client. Messenger Plus! Live, abbreviated as MP!L, is an add-on for it.

If you have Messenger Plus! Live, you don't need any kind of polygamy program anymore to open multiple messenger clients. Even it may interfere with the polygamy feature of Messenger Plus! Live so uninstall that program now. Messenger Plus! must be enough.
quote:
I have enabled the multi account logon in the "preferences" on WLM.
WLM doesn't have a Preferences window, it has an Options window. Messenger Plus! Live's window to set personal things is called "Preferences".
quote:
At the risk of sounding REALLY stupid ... i'm assuming this is done by double click or right click the messenger icon to do this .... but when i do i just get the messenger window thats already logged in
Sorry if I am wrong but I must say this. Do not double click the messenger icon in the system tray, near the system clock, go to Start>Programs list and start WLM from there.

RE: How do i access the multiple account facility ?? by Comfortably_Numb on 02-10-2008 at 10:38 PM

Thankyou ... problem now solved :D