Shoutbox

Logitech Quickcam 5000 & WLM High CPU Usage - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Logitech Quickcam 5000 & WLM High CPU Usage (/showthread.php?tid=81592)

Logitech Quickcam 5000 & WLM High CPU Usage by Vysey on 02-11-2008 at 01:52 PM

I don't know if anyone else has this problem (but judging by the logitech forums i bet some of u have)..but does anyone know the best way to get this problem under control? Using my Quickcam in MSN and having it use anywhere between 90%-100% of the CPU is just plain wrong!  It's so annoying cause now the only way I have to control the problem is to use old old drivers which makes the webcam look constantly tinted blue on screen (yes i have changed settings to no avail8o|)...

So anyone who knows how to get this problem under control with one of the later drivers maybe, so that CPU usage is within a tollerable level...Please Please share with me, as I use my webcam a lot and not being able to do anything apart from use msn while webcam is on is EXTREMELY annoying,

RE: Logitech Quickcam 5000 & WLM High CPU Usage by Oxy on 02-11-2008 at 02:11 PM

ReduceMEM - Cookie Style

RE: Logitech Quickcam 5000 & WLM High CPU Usage by Vysey on 02-11-2008 at 02:19 PM

It's the webcam that causes High CPU usage not MSN itself (it's a mixture of both and i think there's a problem with the cam drivers) and this script only reduces memory usage (which is fine on my machine) not CPU Usage...

RE: Logitech Quickcam 5000 & WLM High CPU Usage by MeEtc on 02-11-2008 at 04:16 PM

My webcam also uses ~50% of CPU when its on and the window is focused as well. I believe it has more to do with WLM than with the drivers, because other capture programs dont use that much CPU.