Shoutbox

The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. (/showthread.php?tid=81597)

The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. by mrskennedy on 02-11-2008 at 08:11 PM

Hello. everytime i try to add a photo into my display properties in windows live messenger it comes up with  following(above) error message. So in other words i cannot put my photos into display pictures...

can anyone help please.

:P

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. by Spunky on 02-11-2008 at 08:33 PM

What file type are you tring to use?

EDIT: 1500 Posts

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. by xJ + on 02-12-2008 at 04:01 AM

Try this:
- drag the picture and drop it into the area where your DP is shown.

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. by mrskennedy on 02-19-2008 at 06:06 PM

ive tried dragging it in and its not worked.

also, the format of the pictures is jpeg.

can u suggest anything else? thanksss xx

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. by duck! on 02-19-2008 at 06:12 PM

Repair the installation of windows live messenger?
Control panel - Add/remove Programs - Windows Live Messenger - Change/Remove and then select repair?

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. by mrskennedy on 02-19-2008 at 07:57 PM

hi there is no change...only remove option in add/remove programs

thanks x

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. by duck! on 02-19-2008 at 08:17 PM

Remove it and then reinstall it

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. by mrskennedy on 02-19-2008 at 08:21 PM

i've also done that too and it also didnt work...x

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose aother file. by RaceProUK on 02-20-2008 at 07:14 PM

It's possible the image is non-standard. Attach it here, and I'll have a look.