Shoutbox

[Suggestion] About Event Viewer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] About Event Viewer (/showthread.php?tid=81636)

[Suggestion] About Event Viewer by gaps on 02-13-2008 at 02:47 PM

Hi,
I think that the event viewer misses a "date" column, because in my case I keep WLM running for several days and it gets confusing not knowing wich day was such event, specially when filtering the events... This could be activated only for people who wants it, for example...

Another thing: on the contacts window, the menu that opens when you click the Plus! icon is not the same menu that opens when you choose the Plus! option on the menu bar... People like me, who likes to hide the menu bar, have to show the menu bar (maximizing or going to that icon that pops up the menu bar) to see the other options, when it's not necessary...

Thanks for reading :P

RE: [Suggestion] About Event Viewer by Patchou on 02-13-2008 at 10:54 PM

The main Plus! menu can be accessed in Messenger 8.5 easily with their new menu icon on the right side.

As for the time column of the event viewer, if you keep your mouse cursor on top of any event, you'll get a tooltip telling you the exact date associated :).

RE: [Suggestion] About Event Viewer by ahmetgns on 02-18-2008 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gaps
Another thing: on the contacts window, the menu that opens when you click the Plus! icon is not the same menu that opens when you choose the Plus! option on the menu bar... People like me, who likes to hide the menu bar, have to show the menu bar (maximizing or going to that icon that pops up the menu bar) to see the other options, when it's not necessary...
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The main Plus! menu can be accessed in Messenger 8.5 easily with their new menu icon on the right side.
Also, Plus! button menu is not supposed to be the same with Plus! menu among WLM's menus anyway. And the same difference appears at contact list window as well.  Some items in button menus are not in standard menus and vice versa. Difference is good.
RE: [Suggestion] About Event Viewer by RaceProUK on 02-19-2008 at 02:14 AM

quote:
As for the time column of the event viewer, if you keep your mouse cursor on top of any event, you'll get a tooltip telling you the exact date associated :).
It may be worth adding the column, even if as an option a la Windows Explorer.
RE: [Suggestion] About Event Viewer by CookieRevised on 02-21-2008 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
It may be worth adding the column, even if as an option a la Windows Explorer.
agreed...

I miss the 'date' column too. Hoovering over the events to get the date is nice, but time consuming and a bit clumsy...
RE: [Suggestion] About Event Viewer by Patchou on 02-21-2008 at 04:20 AM

ha well, if Cookie asks for it, I'll have to add it to the list for 4.60 or something.