Shoutbox

Problems downloading Messenger Plus Live 4.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problems downloading Messenger Plus Live 4.5 (/showthread.php?tid=81667)

Problems downloading Messenger Plus Live 4.5 by Alundil on 02-14-2008 at 07:26 PM

I've read the stickies and am still having issues downloading messplus.  The download from the main plus site hangs at about 97% and stays that way for hours if I let it run.

I've also tried downloading the install from the SIMTEL mirror site and the file that I get is "download-msgpluslive.zip.exe" and I receive an error each time i attempt to launch this one stating that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."  I am an admin on this computer.

RE: Problems downloading Messenger Plus Live 4.5 by duck! on 02-14-2008 at 07:28 PM

When downloading it, choose "Save" not "Run" :p

EDIT:
Added a Picture..
[Image: attachment.php?pid=888066]

RE: Problems downloading Messenger Plus Live 4.5 by Alundil on 02-14-2008 at 07:31 PM

That is what I am doing.  I generally never choose to "Run" when downloading an app from the net.

RE: Problems downloading Messenger Plus Live 4.5 by duck! on 02-14-2008 at 07:37 PM

http://www.sunshineweb.org/pafiledb/index.php?act=view&id=7 - Try downloading from there, choose "Local" when selecting a mirror :P

RE: Problems downloading Messenger Plus Live 4.5 by vaccination on 02-14-2008 at 07:43 PM

Before downloading, clear you browser cache.

RE: Problems downloading Messenger Plus Live 4.5 by Alundil on 02-14-2008 at 07:56 PM

Duck - that worked like a charm thanks.

RE: Problems downloading Messenger Plus Live 4.5 by lotttot on 02-15-2008 at 04:24 PM

when i try to download it it run or save so i press save, and then when i click on it and it takes me to the setup i complete the installation but then it never works?/