Shoutbox

[Update] Life of Vista v2d - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Update] Life of Vista v2d (/showthread.php?tid=81688)

[Update] Life of Vista v2d by Nagamasa on 02-16-2008 at 12:20 AM

Life of Vista v2c/2d
Minor updates. v2c included the auto-update feature, and v2d updated the default display picture.

[Image: lifeofvistav2cfz2.jpg]

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/45/

Life of Vista v2a
Somewhat major update to Life of Vista, not too big, but big enough to be worth a number rather than a letter. :P

[Image: lifeofvistav2re8.jpg]

Option Panel:
[Image: lovopwq6.th.jpg]

New Things in v2
  • new set of Messenger buddies and icons everywhere. Taskbar included.
  • A customized options panel and an about box.
  • The border for the InfoBar has been placed back in.
  • New favicon structuring: each "skin" has it's own set of unique favicons to choose from. Beta 5112 has the MSN Butterfly added into it.
  • New Help icon on the login screen.
  • In Beta 5112, the conversation window header shadow has been removed.

Life of Vista v1b
For Windows Live Messenger 8.5. This is pretty much as VU6 and VB5, except for a few minor things that were changed to facilitate the merger.

[Image: lifeofvistahj0.jpg]

Features in Development
  • new set of Messenger buddies; don't worry, its all ripped from various parts of Messenger, so I can almost guarantee quality, unlike some other skins out there :)
  • Vista Home 6000 (the blue/green/yellow background, the one used for the screenshots) background is finished using the Ultimate 6001 code, only took me a minute :P However, I think it should be migrating in the release after. :P
  • A customized options panel, a first for a skin my me. It needs to be there, as different mini-skins have different options.
  • On the Beta 5112 half...something very unique is being worked on... A quick hint on what it is included in SkinInfo.

Vista Ultimate 6001
For Windows Live Messenger 8.5. This is pretty much as VUM6, except for a few minor things. Pending acceptance to the Database. The tabbed-chatting bug has been fixed.

[Image: vistaultimate6001mn5.jpg]

Vista Beta 5112 v0
Despite the bad reception of Windows Vista, it's wallpaper images are still very dazzling, especially the ones from the testing stages. Vista Beta 5112 lets you enjoy the default wallpaper of Windows Vista's first Beta - build #5112.

[Image: vistabeta5112si6.png]

Vista Ultimate Messenger 6
Noting the quotes, ""Release"" in this case means that it hasn't been 10000% tested inside out, but should work nonetheless.

Like my previous release threads, there's no description. :P

[Image: vistaultimatemessengerlg7.jpg]

This is for WLM 9.0 BETA only, and this version will NOT be released in the Skins Database for such reason.

Download link: http://nagatech.co.nr/skins.html#vista
RE: ["Release"] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by MrT on 02-18-2008 at 08:33 AM

8.5 ??
please make this skin for 8.5!!
it looks great :D

RE: RE: ["Release"] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by High Speed Chaser on 02-18-2008 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MrT
8.5 ??

Try http://msgpluslive.net/skins/view/29-VISTA-Ultimate/
RE: ["Release"] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 02-18-2008 at 04:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MrT
8.5 ??
8.5 is almost done cause I'm working on another skin, which shares lots of files and code.
RE: ["Release"] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Dane on 02-22-2008 at 05:35 AM

Love the skin!!  Looks great, i'm about to use it shortly...just a sidenote, however, you should update your .htaccess on nagatech to include support for PLSK extension so it doesnt download as a .ZIP (IE).

Also, take a look at the tabs Nagamassa, they're very very dark, you can barely read them or notice when they're flashing...

RE: ["Release"] Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Eddie on 02-22-2008 at 07:36 AM

For some reason, personally i do not like it :S it is an average skin i guess, but i dont like the white corners, makes it looks ugly, and also looks a bit to flat to me *-) good job tho.

RE: ["Release"] Vista Ultimate 6001 \ Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Nagamasa on 03-12-2008 at 01:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Also, take a look at the tabs Nagamassa, they're very very dark, you can barely read them or notice when they're flashing...
Insert
code:
<Options>
        <MessengerPlus>
            <TabbedChatBar>
                <Color1>
                    <R>240</R>
                    <G>240</G>
                    <B>240</B>
                </Color1>
            </TabbedChatBar>
        </MessengerPlus>
    </Options>
into SkinInfo.xml, on the lines after </Information>, and it should fix the problem.

And bump for Vista Ultimate 6001.
RE: ["Release"] Vista Ultimate 6001 \ Vista Ultimate Messenger 6 by Andylongi on 03-12-2008 at 09:51 AM

When will you put the 8.5 Version into the Database? Looks really good so far!

RE: [Release/Update] Life of Vista v1b (Coming Soon: v2!) by Nagamasa on 04-02-2008 at 12:04 AM

v2 is released! Check first post for more details.

RE: [Update] Life of Vista v2 by Eddie on 04-02-2008 at 01:24 PM

Looks nice but i think im going to stick to VLM :) I'm personally not a fan of all the vista wallpaper skins and things, but i could not do what you have done so i can't not give you credit :)

RE: [Update] Life of Vista v2 by RaJPuT on 07-23-2008 at 04:21 AM

Thea seams to be a problem in the link, form which you can download  Vista Ultimate Messenger 6, compatible with WLM 9.0 BETA.

The link gives message like this!

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@nagamasa.sonicsam.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can You please solve this problem asap, or upload this skin some whea els!

Regards!

RE: [Update] Life of Vista v2 by Nagamasa on 07-23-2008 at 08:42 AM

lol whoops seems like I've been getting lazy at updating links :P

Hold on, I'll fix it in a minute! :)

RE: [Update] Life of Vista v2 by RaJPuT on 07-23-2008 at 03:15 PM

it's giving the same error :S

RE: [Update] Life of Vista v2 by Nagamasa on 07-24-2008 at 03:39 AM

Yeah I know...cause Dreamweaver was hanging on me...so I didn't get to it...

Yes I'm a lazy bum :)

RE: [Update] Life of Vista v2 by Nagamasa on 09-09-2008 at 03:24 AM

Minor update of Life of Vista, partly to get it running for the contest, and to get people the autoupdate while I cook up the rest of the "full" update. :)

Just waiting for MenthiX, and there could be yet another update as soon as Wednesday!