Shoutbox

Stretching/Lack of Stretching of Images - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Stretching/Lack of Stretching of Images (/showthread.php?tid=81689)

Stretching/Lack of Stretching of Images by Nagamasa on 02-16-2008 at 03:19 AM

I'm wondering how I can make my background image be cropped when the image is larger than the window, and be stretched if smaller than the window.

RE: Stretching/Lack of Stretching of Images by ryxdp on 02-16-2008 at 04:59 AM

If you mean something like this:

|--visible window--|------rest of image (not visible)-----|

|-------------------------------visible window (stretched image)-------------------------|

it can be done. Just set the image and UMargins to be bigger than the window.

Hope this helps :)

RE: Stretching/Lack of Stretching of Images by Nagamasa on 02-16-2008 at 08:28 PM

Well yeah I was reading in the documentation about this, and I came up with this point:

quote:
facets     
minInclusive      0
maxInclusive      255
Does that mean the UMargins can't be larger than 255? If it is, this wont work cause I want it to occur also on "standard" sized windows.
RE: Stretching/Lack of Stretching of Images by ryxdp on 02-16-2008 at 08:51 PM

I would say that's true, because it would then explain why my 1652 isn't stretching properly...

I'm gonna try it now...

EDIT: doesn't appear to like doing it at all...

RE: Stretching/Lack of Stretching of Images by Willz on 02-17-2008 at 09:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I'm wondering how I can make my background image be cropped when the image is larger than the window, and be stretched if smaller than the window.

At the moment that isn't possible due to how WLM draws images.

And yes the max UM margin you can have is 255, again another WLM restriction.
RE: Stretching/Lack of Stretching of Images by aNILEator on 02-19-2008 at 07:00 PM

Still on this idea, is there a way to have an image stretch out to fullscreen whatever res that may be, then have that as a non movable BG or can someone provide a good description of how to use UMargins to achieve this, I remember Patchou added negative UMargins and didn't know if that is how this'd work or what